➳ four

CHAPTER FOUR | YOU? NERVOUS?

"I never thought seeing my father would be so. . . nerve-racking." Rogue told you as he pulled his suitcase out of the trunk of your car. You could easily tell that he was a bit off ease, seeing as he was more talkative and fidgety during the two hour car ride.

"How are you nervous," You chuckled at how Rogue went to rub his hands against his pants to make sure they were rid of sweat, "I'm the one meeting him for the first time." Saying it out loud had also sent a shiver down your spine — you had to remember you were meeting the father of a man you barely know.

Rogue had pulled out your suitcase as well, slamming the trunk close before he pulled both of the handles to your suitcases up. "Anyways, let's. . . uhm, head inside, shall we?" It wasn't hard to notice how awkward the boy in front of you had gotten once he directed you to the front door of the rather large house of his father.

"Do we knock or do we—"

"Oh there they are! I was waiting forever to see you!" Your question had been caught off by a man in a crisp dress shirt with a satin tie loosely hanging around his neck. You could tell by the slightly frizzy but well kept hair of the older man that it was none other than Rogue father, Skiadrum.

He had open arms, moving to the other side of the door to allow access of your entrance, "Oh, you're just as beautiful as Rogue had mentioned." He complimented you as you set your suitcase by the shoe rack, giving you time to properly look at him and thank him— although it seemed almost surreal looking into his red eyes.

"Hello, dad." Rogue seemed like he tried to seem a bit more enthusiastic than normal, but that didn't work out as well since he almost choked up saying 'Dad'. Skiadrum had moved to look at his son, walking over to have a small talk while you slowly took off your shoes.

"Why don't the both of you go ahead and head up to the guest room," The old man had pointed up the stairs as he grabbed your suitcase and brought it over to Rogue, "I'm sure you both are exhausted from that long drive here." He sent you a small smile as he excused himself past the both of you and back into the spacious rooms ahead of you.

You walked back over to Rogue and grabbed your suitcase, "Well, he seemed rather nice." After your comment, Rogue had mumbled something under his breathe about 'later', but you had decided to brush it off and make your way up the stairs and into the guest bedroom.

"I didn't know your father had such a large house. . ." When you had gone up the stairs, you expected a clear hallway leading straight to a couple doors. Yet, it wasn't that. It seemed to have stopped into another common room with a spacious looking hallway towards multiple other rooms— oh god, you were gonna get lost in this house quickly.

Rogue had passed you with a muttered 'excuse me', walking towards the end of the hallway where there was double doors with rather fancy door handles. Rogue had placed his hand on one of them, looking at the way you stood dumbfounded a couple feet away from him, "Well?"

You moved your vision from the fancy double doors to the man in front of them. "Well? This is the Guest Room!" The way you tried to quietly cry out at your fascination had made Rogue chuckle. The way you tried to hold in the girly scream after he had opened the doors had almost made the man cackle out loud, which really doesn't happen much.

"This is bigger than me and Lucy's apartment. . ." You never thought of the day you'd be able to see a king sized bed waiting for you, but here you are, looking at the freshly made bed with cold white cotton blankets awaiting you.

Your partner was moving the suitcases towards the closet while you had jumped onto the king sized bed, making Rogue roll his eyes at your childish action as he unpacked his suitcase to put some of his clothes onto the hangers of the closet.

"You live with Lucy? Heartfilia, Lucy?" Rogue questioned about your roommate, making you remove your face from the soft pillows with the silk pillowcases to look up at him.

"Yeah, Sting's ex Lucy." At your answer, Rogue had nodded slightly before returning back to hanging his clothes. You decided to do the same as him, opening your suitcase open to unfold the clothes that'll probably end up wrinkly by tonight.

Rogue looked down at your suitcase when you had opened it, something already instantly making him curious, "Is that a dragon stuffy?" He pointed at the small stuffed animal you had packed with your garments, which you had nodded to answer his question.

"My mom gave it to me when I turned seven," You picked it up and placed it upon your shoulder, loving the way the soft fur had felt against your cheek, "Had it ever since." It really was your favorite present, besides the tight gold bracelet your mother had given you when you graduated from high school.

"That's nice." After Rogue had said that, he kneed down to close back his suitcase and pushed it under the clothes he had hanged. You watched him walk away from the closet and into another door— which lead to a bathroom?

You quickly neglected your job of hanging clothes and had walked into the bathroom after Rogue, hopefully not interrupting anything he was going to do, and only had stood in awe one more.

"Why is it that everything in this house is so spacious and fancy!" Your eyes had switched from the double sinks in front of a large mirror, then to the corner tub which was right by the nice glass shower, and you saw the most decorative towel rack ever.

Rogue had placed his things near the left sink, watching you walk through the bathroom using the mirror, "My father owns a business downtown with Sting's dad, Wiesslogia."

Hearing that had made your eyes popped out. It was only reasonable since Skiadrum had such a large house but goodness, you didn't think Rogue was one of the spoiled brats— well. . . he wasn't much of a spoiled brat since he didn't act like one but goodness! You were very much surprised.

"If I may ask, what do your parents do?" The question Rogue popped had brought you out of your awed-state. You had to think a little bit of what your mother had done, not that you didn't know, it is the fact that you didn't remember what exact position it was.

"She worked as a physical therapist for people with prosthetics." You had taken one last look at the bathroom before exiting, almost tripping over your open suitcase while you were walking towards the bed. You had decided to get back to the task you were doing before.

It was silent as the two of you had continued to settle into the new room, you just kept hanging up some of the clothes while Rogue had hogged up the bathroom because he proclaimed he was a bit stinky after the two hour road trip. While he was taking a shower and just about finished hanging your clothes, you had enough time to finally settle back into the bed.

Of course, doing that in almost complete silence had brought in thoughts of what is happening. You had to remember the fact that you and Rogue aren't best friends, only met a couple times before you had meet his father and act like his girlfriend. It was a whole new experience, but perhaps it won't be half bad. . . maybe it'll be nic—

"Knock knock, I hope both of you lovebirds are decent."

Or maybe it won't be nice.

AND I UPDATE! AFTER 11 MONTHS! LOOK AT ME MOM I'M DOING SOMETHING USEFUL!

anyways 👉🏼👈🏼 hello it's been a while and some of y'all dont like fairy tail but i recently started watching it again and i was like 'i got more inspiration for this book now' so here i am! once again! i hope y'all can forgive me :')

anyways much love for still supporting this book,
iwasaurssss!