65 // No Way

Lexi's POV

"Are we almost there?" I ask as I look out the window noticing a sign 'Welcome to Hidden Valley'.

Hidden Valley? This place sounds familiar, I think it's made up mostly of celebrities. Holy shit.

"Five minutes." Robert responds as he turns onto a road with nothing, but trees surrounding us.

"This feels like the beginning of a bad horror movie." 

He laughs at my comment and reaches over to hold my hand as the other is on the steering wheel.

Eventually, we reach a pair of gates, but nothing is behind it just a long driveway. I watch as Roberts rolls the window down and enters a code which cause the gates to open. He drives up the long hill and once we reach the top my eyes lay on a mansion with a round driveway connecting to the hill and a fountain in the middle.

My mouth drops, lower than when I saw Robert's house. His house is bigger than I expected and looks extremely expensive, but whoever owns this house wins. It's massive. 

"Robert who the hell is your client?" I ask in shock. He just laughs and gets out walking around opening the door for me. I don't respond, so he takes my hand again and gently pulls me out of the car. The front door of the mansion, opens and Robert turns around to see who it is approaching us. A big smile forms on his face and he leaves my side to meet the other man half way.

I squint my eyes and walk closer...no way... no way...

Robert hugs the guy and they talk for a moment as I slowly get closer. The man notices me and looks away from Robert and at me before leaning over and whispering something that makes Robert turn to me. He starts walking towards me, takes my hand, and walks us over to the man.

"This is my girlfriend Lexi, Lexi this is-" Robert gets cut off when the man reaches out his hand and says his own name, before Robert does.

"Jamie."

My cheeks start to turn red as I reach out to meet his hand. I nod my head in complete awe. 

"I know who you are." I let out a giggle which brings a smile to Jamie's face, but from the my side few I can tell Robert isn't liking it. But honestly I don't care. How can I? When Jamie Freakin Foxx is standing in-front of me. I'm so going to kill Robert later for not telling me.

"Lets go inside, follow me." Jamie turns around and starts heading inside. I follow still struck and Robert stays beside me.

We end up in his living room. Robert takes a seat on a couch so I join and Jamie sits on the couch opposite to us.

"You're home is so beautiful." I glances around trying to comprehend just house big this place is and I've only see the foyer and parlor. Just those two rooms alone can make up my apartment.

"Thank you." Jamie says as he leans back into the couch.

"What trouble have you got yourself in now?" Robert asks cutting to the chase.

"Oh, right. About that..." Jamie trails off

"Spit it out J." Robert 

"I'm not in any trouble." He finally replies.

Robert's POV

Did he just say he's not in trouble? What the fuck, why did he have us fly out here? "What do you mean? Stop messing around."

"I mean, I'm not in trouble. I just missed my friend." Jamie says earning an 'aww' from Lexi. I roll my eyes. She's been drooling over him since we got here.

"I missed you too, but I have a law firm. I can't just leave clients to come out here for nothing. Which is exactly what I did apparently."

"So I'm nothing?"He says to me and I huff out as Lexi hits my chest lightly as she scolds me.

"That was a bit rude." She whispers in an angry tone.

She's mad at me now? What did I do? He's the one that lied. Either way he's my friend I can say as I please. If she could stop blushing over him like a school girl, that'd be great. 

"I'm going to act like you didn't say that." I whisper back and turn my attention back to Jamie.

"What does it matter if I may have brought you here under false pretenses? You're here now. Let's get a drink catch up." 

I furrow my brows and look at Lexi who is begging me with her eyes to stay. I let out a deep breath and growl. 

"Fine. We'll stay-" The two of them stand excited before I can even finish. "But, we have to leave in a few hours. Dinner reservations." I stand joining them.

"You're here till Sunday right?" Jamie walks over to me and pats my back.

"Yeah, Sunday night." I reach for Lexi, wrapping my arm around her waist as her eyes never leave Jamie's face.

"You two have to come by tomorrow night, I'm throwing a party. It wouldn't be the same without Downey and a beautiful lady by his side." Jamie winks at Lexi and as I open my mouth to say 'no' Lexi beats me to it and says "Yes, we'd love to."

"Great! Let's get those drinks." 

That's something I agree with.

The Internship (Robert Downey Jr. Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें