26

daniel walks into corbyn's office, where the boy is sat playing fortnite, and walks up behind him, wrapping his arms around the boy's neck

"hi baby" corbyn says, not averting his eyes from his computer screen.

"i can't sleep, it's 3AM" daniel pouts, kissing across corbyn's cheek.

"wait, it's 3AM?" corbyn asks, turning around to meet daniel's eyes, completely forgetting about his game.

"mhm, i've been trying to sleep for ages" daniel says.

"i'm so sorry, baby, you should of come and got me" corbyn coos, standing up and picking daniel up bridal-style, quickly switching off his computer and exiting the room.

once in his and daniel's room he sits down on the bed with the brunet in his lap, sitting back against their headboard.

"can you sing me a song, corby?" daniel asks, playing with the strings on corbyn's hoodie.

"of course i can, angel. what do you want me to sing?" corbyn questions, watching daniel with a soft smile.

"can you sing me the one you wrote the other day?" daniel asks, meeting corbyn's eyes.

corbyn nods, clearing his throat.

" you know me the best
you know my worst, see
me hurt, but you don't judge
right there is the scariest feeling .

opening and closing up
again i been hurt so i
don't trust, now here we
are staring at the ceiling

i've said those words before
but it was a lie, and you
deserve to hear them a
thousand times

if all it is is eight letters
why is it so hard to say?
if all it is is eight letters
why am i in my own way?

why do i pull you close
and then ask you for space

if all it is is eight letters
why is it so hard to say? "

his voice is soft, not too loud but not too quiet. he finishes off the last note, letting it linger before coming to a complete silence.

"that's going to be so good when you finish it" daniel mutters, having cuddled up to corbyn's chest as he was singing, hiding his face in the crook of the blond's neck.

"get some sleep, my love. last day of your episode tomorrow" corbyn smiles, pressing a kiss to his head, "i'll sing you the whole thing when it's finished, maybe even use the guitar."

"i'd love that" daniel hums.

"i love you" corbyn whispers, laying them down, pulling daniel into his side.

"love you too" daniel whispers in reply, his words slurring slightly as he drifts off to sleep.

—✧♡༺✧

WC: 424

A/N: sorry for the short chapters recently, i haven't had the motivation to write that much :(

-MEGAN

🕊࿐ . . . . . .