two

THE MAN LAID THERE WHILE the whole team stared down at him

THE MAN LAID THERE WHILE the whole team stared down at him. I looked at his physical features. There is no doubt that this man is cute. It was like he was carved from the gods, themselves.

Rocket started sniffed him while Mantis' antennas were glowing as her hand was on his forehead.

"How the hell is this dude still alive?" Quill asked while looking down at him.

"He is not a dude. You're a dude. This," Drax paused, "this is a man." Drax said, pointing at the man in front of the us. "A handsome, muscular man."

"I agree," I spoke up, not looking away from the man in front of me.

Quill's eyebrows frowned. He got offended and stated, "I'm muscular."

"What are you kidding, Quill. You are one sandwich away from fat," Rocket remarked at him.

"Yeah, right."

"It's true, Quill. You have put on weight," Drax said agreeing with the raccoon.

"What?" Quill asked confused.

I looked up and Drax started to make motions to express how Quill gained some weight making a laugh escape from my lips.

Quill turned to Gamora, "Gamora, do you think I'm—"

Gamora walked away from Quill before Quill could finish asking his question. Quill walked next to me and watched as I wiped the dust from his face. He elbowed me to stop, making me frown.

"I'm helping him," I defended myself for my actions.

Quill was about to say something until Mantis spoke up. "He's anxious, angry. He feels tremendous loss and guilt." Mantis stated out loud.

"It's like a pirate had a baby with an angel," Drax said making me nodded my head in agreement.

"Wow. This is a real wake up call for me. It's official, I am getting bowflex. I'm going to commit. I'm going to get dumbbells," Quill said to the team, who was still hurt on calling him out on his weight.

"You know, you can't eat dumbbells right?" Rocket said towards Quill.

Gamora picked up his arm, "it's like his muscles are made of Cotati metal fibers."

"Stop messaging his muscles," Quill said, making Gamora drop his hand on the table.

"Someone's jealous." I remarked under my breath.

"Wake him up," Quill said towards Mantis.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I asked, finally tearing my eyes away from the man in front of me.

"I always have good ideas, Arielle," Quill remarked quickly. "Mantis, please."

"Wake."