CHAPTER 14: Matthew & RJ

Author's Note: Another long Chapter.

Hindi na nakatulog si RJ. Pinakiramdaman niya ang kabilang kwarto. He uttered a prayer of thanks and peace of mind para sa kanilang dalawa ni Maine.

Naiintindihan naman niya si Maine. Ang gusto lang niyang mangyari ngayon ay maging maayos ang lahat alang alang sa kambal.

Pinikit niya ang kanyang mga mata ng mapansin niyang may lumabas sa kabilang silid. Dali dali siyang lumabas ng kwarto. He saw Maine's back retreating unto the kitchen on the ground floor.

Dahan dahan niya itong sinundan never leaving his eyes at her back.

Maine checks the fridge, probably inspecting what to eat for breakfast. It's almost 6 in the morning. She gets some cereals, eggs, ready-to-made pancake, some fruits and about to prepare when she notice RJ standing a few meters away from where she is standing.

They both stops on their tracks and caught each other's gaze. RJ's heart constricts, seeing Maine with puffy eyes from the entire crying. Obviously, her stare's void of emotions.

"Would you mind if pakialaman ko kitchen mo, any moment gigising na ang mga anak ko." Said Maine in the coldest voice he'd ever heard and use on him.

"I don't mind. Feel free..." RJ never leaving Maine's gaze.

"Maine..."

"RJ, please don't start, just please give me some time to process all these, please don't push things if you don't want to see me breaking in front of our twins."

"Do you still have the urge to kill me?" RJ didn't stop.

Maine stops on what she is doing, slowly face RJ.

Maine sigh.

"I am sorry for saying that. I am not a murderer, but I was angry. I don't have the urge to kill you but I STILL HATE YOU, the same way that I HATE myself for making the biggest mistake I've done for the past 5 years." Maine's eyes waters.

"I am sorry, Maine."

"Don't. When I look at Athena and Siegfried this morning, I realized that I am still lucky because no matter how painful the circumstances leading to this day, I still got the chance to be with them."

"Will, you ever forgive me, Maine?"

"RJ, honestly. I can't give you what I don't have. I can't even forgive myself at this moment, how can I forgive you? But for now, please let's not talk about this. I want to focus on Siegfried and Athena only. Maybe in time, RJ."

RJ nod.

Maine didn't talk anymore and goes back to what she was doing. He turns on the coffeemaker and makes coffee for two, without any word, he leaves Maine a cup of coffee and he went upstairs bringing his own cup of coffee.

He sits on the couch facing the ocean. Deeply sigh. Sipping his coffee, feeling the subtle pain in his heart because he knew that Maine just put a wall in between them. The only consolation now is that they've both have nothing to hide, and they are free to do what they want as parents to their twins.