Chapter Eighteen: Anonymous Tip

Start from the beginning

"That's her!" shouted the soldiers to the rest of the group. "Aris Stark! After her!" The soldiers with horses mounted and rode after her into the forest. Aris looked over her shoulder at the pursuing horses, five in total. 

Her horse broke through the tree line and onto an open field

Her horse broke through the tree line and onto an open field. The Lannister horses circled around the field forcing her to turn her horse to round the field as they chased her back into the trees. She looked back to see only three were behind her, where was the other two?!

Aris slid her bow from around her shoulder and nocked an arrow. She twisted her torso around and fired at the soldiers chasing her but her arrow deflected off their armour.

Without warning, a horse came straight towards her like a lance. She nocked an arrow and fired piercing his skin between the armour. The soldier screamed with pain and fell off his horse.

Hundreds of thoughts ran through her mind. How did they know who she was and where she would be. She regretted leaving Arya to chase Gendry, she regretted turning right. Her thoughts distracted her from the oncoming soldier riding towards her.

It was too late to notice the wooden pole of the Lannister banner he carried as he struck her as he rode past. Aris doubled over with pain and fell back off her horse. She hit the hard ground and all the air was pushed from her lungs. She gapped for air like a fish out of water as the Lannister soldiers circled around her on their horses.

 Aris coughed and sucked in gulps of air, she rolled over onto her side reaching for her bow

Aris coughed and sucked in gulps of air, she rolled over onto her side reaching for her bow. A pair of boots landed in front of her and picked up her bow. She looked up at the smiling soldier.

"Oh, it's her alright." he said. "How much do you think Queen Cersei would pay for her?"

"A few whores." laughed another Lannister soldier and they all chimed in.  Aris' face laid in the dirt while her whole body throbbed from the impact from the banner man. Another soldier walked her runaway horse back as the one who picked up her bow, knelt down and roughly pulled her quiver over her arms. They bound her hands and her feet while a soldier stepped down and slung her body over his shoulders.

Aris found the strength to knee the soldier who carried her in the face. His head flew back knocking off his helmet and fell to the ground with her. Aris rolled to her feet but quickly found a blade pointed to her throat.

"Nice try." said the soldier. "Now you can walk." he motioned to his friend who proceeded to tie a rope from her wrist to his horse.

The Lannister men mounted their horses and dragged her behind. Aris' head spun and her body burned. She kicked herself, how could she let herself be taken prisoner again. "Did you hear 'bout your brother?" a soldier said riding on his horse beside her.

Aris peered up as he continued, "The King in the North is in the RiverLands for a Tully funeral! I wonder is that why you're here?"

She lowered her head again refusing to speak. She had no idea Robb was that close. She was so close yet so far, she could only hope Arya got there in time.

"What do you say we give the Stark bitch a few rounds?" said a soldier. "Give it to her doggy style!" and they laughed and they howled. This was going to be a long night. 

====================

Okay, before you yell at me 'why didn't Aris stay with Arya' or 'why didn't she just go with Gendry'

I have my reasons. I wanted Aris to take a different path from both Arya and Gendry, I want her to develop her own story and character development. But don't worry Gendry will come back into the picture... eventually.