Chapter Two

notes before we start the chapter:

first of all, do NOT call me a koreaboo for using korean words in this book. it's a story set place in korea, it's only logic. leave now if you don't enjoy that sort of thing.

second, please don't judge my writing. i'm still new.

thank you.

~fluid

___________

Date: 12th January 2018

Time: 7:00 AM

"Detective, get ready!"

Ryeowook groaned and rolled his head with a smile. He lightly hit his dads' shoulder, earning a chuckle as a response. "Don't call me that!" he said before he put on his black zip-up jacket. He looked at himself in the mirror and smiled at himself. 

"I'm gonna be a lead detective," he whispered to himself, eyes slowly tearing up.

When he was young, he had a dream that he wanted to accomplish. But bullies kept dragging him down, destroying his hope. Everyone said he wouldn't be able to make it, with his short height and high-pitched voice.

But Ryeowook proved all of them wrong. With his sheer hard work, he slowly rose up and there he was, one of the best detectives Seoul has to offer.

Ryeowook's 7-year-old sister Mirae grinned and hugged his thigh. "Ryeowookie oppa, work hard and buy me pretty clothes, okay!" 

He laughed and kissed her head. "I will, I promise,"

Ryeowook hugged his dad, then his mother. She held him close and tight. She wasn't ready to let go of her little baby boy just yet. After what seemed like hours she finally pulled away, and he left his home to go out and venture his life.

________

Time: 7:18 AM

Donghae quietly sipped on his Cola.

He opened his mouth to speak, hut was quickly cut off by his partner. "Don't you dare make anymore shower thoughts," Eunhyuk calmly but 'aggressively' said. Donghae raised his free hand and nodded. "Noted,"

Yesung entered the room with a smile plastered all over his face. "Good morning, people of Earth!" his enthusiasm sent shivers down Eunhyuk's spine.

"Y-yah! What's up with you today? You're scaring me!"

The sergeant shook his head, his bangs following his movements. "Oh, it's nothing. But I do have some tea, though,"  Donghae slammed his hand on his desk while he stood up with a grin. "S-p-i-l-l,"

They huddled up around Donghae's desk, trying to be discreet. "I heard that we're having a new captain today," Yesung whispered, his grin still on his face. Donghae scoffed.

"So? I bet he's not gonna be too different from our old captain," he said. The sergeant hit his head. "Aish! Listen first!" Eunhyuk chuckled. "Carry on, sarge,"

"I heard that he's going to be our first foreign captain!"

"What's going on back there?"

The three pulled away to bow. Leeteuk was there, leaning on his office door with a smile. He was probably happy that their old, shitty captain was gone. Yesung shook his head. "We were gossiping just now. Wanna join?"

The captain of the team playfully scoffed. "No thanks," he clapped his hands together. "Alright, as you may have heard, we're getting a new captain today. But we'll also be receiving three new detectives, so treat them well, arajji?"

"Ne,"

Leeteuk flashed them a smile one more time before his eyes focused on the entrance door. His eyes immediately rose. He rushed his way to the man with an even wider smile.

Yesung, Eunhyuk and Donghae looked at each other at the same time, in confusion.

"Ah, you must be our new detective!"

The woman smiled and nodded. "I'm Im Yoona, pleasure to meet all of you! I hope we can get along well!"

She turned around and made eye contact with the three men. YeHyukHae's eyes widened to the size of saucers.

"S-so pretty," Yesung whispered in astonishment. Their eyes were focused in her pretty, mesmerising pair of eyes.

Leeteuk awkwardly coughed, breaking the tension. "So uh, Yoona, why don't you go and sit over where ever you like? I'll give you a tour later when the other two are here,"

"You got it, boss!"

Eunhyuk leaned on his desk with his arks crossed. "Say, where are they anyway?"

__________

Time: 7:24 AM

Ryeowook ran with the help of his little feet. "Aish! Damn you, stupid dog!"

Yes.

You are right.

A dog was chasing him.

"HELP! SOMEONE GET THIS DARNED DOG AWAY FROM ME!" he yelled, flailing his hands in the air.

Luckily for him, the dog stopped barking and had also stopped chasing his innocent soul. "Sorry, this is Cole, he's the neighbourhood dog," a man with a sort of deep voice started. Ryeowook scoffed and turned around. "Yah! That thing-"

The first thing he had in mind?

'Heol! So tall!'

Ryeowook gulped and watched as the dog scurried away and the man approaching him. He had never seen this man before. His mysterious hero smiled.

"Hi there, I'm Siwon. Choi Siwon. I uh, live a floor below you and I just moved in yesterday,"

"A-ah! I'm Kim Ryeowook. Now if you excuse me, I'm late and I have to go-" he turned around to continue running, but he stopped when Siwon called his name. Once again, he turned his body impatiently.

Siwon sheepishly scratched the back of his head with an embarrassed smile."I'm late too, but I don't know where the police department is and I need navigations,"

Ryeowook smiled back. "I'm actually heading there right now! Come on, I'll take you there. But promise that you'll run?"

"I promise,"

"Then let's go!"

__________-

I know I promised that I'd write longer and I'm sorry. I'm so sleepy and I haven't updated in weeks!

Beggars can't be choosers, amirite?

But I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Yoona is in the storyline, as well as Siwon! The police unit cast is nearly full, we've just gotta see who the captain is!

As for the criminals? You'll see them soon.

ADIOS!

~fluid