༄TEN༄

"You know." Rami begins as his partner starts to wake up. "One day it will be me in the hospital with you worrying your head off."

"Is that a threat or a promise? Either way it's flattering that you'd want to date me for that long." Spencer chuckles weakly moving to sit up.

The smaller man stands to help him with a sigh. "Spencer, in the least intimidating way, I don't date for sport, I date to marry. Meaning, that is absolutely a threat because then you'll be stuck with me." He teases fluffing up the man's pillows so he can lean back comfortably.

"You'd marry me?" The genius questions as the man sits back down lacing their fingers together.

"Oh I'm already planning the flowers that we'll have at our wedding." The green-eyed man teases waggling his eyebrows at the other man.

"What were you thinking?" Spencer questions using his free hand to grab the cup of water sitting on the rolling table near his midsection.

"Purple dahlias for sure and either white or lavender roses, I can't decide." Rami answers playing with the other man's fingers since he can't curl his sweater around his own.

"Purple dahlias symbolize elegance and dignity and lavender or violet roses symbolize love at first sight." The brown-eyed man explains knowing that the other man will remember what he said about white roses all those weeks ago.

"Better go with lavender roses then." The smaller man decides lifting the other man's hand to plant a kiss on the back of it. Both know what he's trying to say and neither comment on it.

Instead, they look into each other's eyes for a long time before the taller man speaks. "So whose apartment would we move in to?"

"Well currently, Doctor Reid, you will be moving into mine for the next eight to ten weeks because I live on the first floor of my building and you like on the sixth floor of a building with no elevator." Rami nods to the end of the bed where a set of crutches is leaned up against it. "It's non-negotiable."

"Oh no eating your amazing food, hanging out with you and your cat, and sleeping on your ungodly comfortable sofa. Whatever will I do? Sounds like heaven to me, Doctor Di'Nair." Spencer comments rolling his eyes.

"I'm hurt Spencer, you think I, a doctor, would kick a wounded man to the couch? I was going to offer to let you sleep in bed with me." The younger man comments turning away. Pink feathers itself across his features and the older man is hit with how absolutely stunning he looks that way.

He promises himself he'll make Rami blush like that as often as possible before he speaks. "I'd like that, if the offer is still on the table."

"I uh, I sleep without my leg... will that bother you?" The lighter haired man questions, his eyes sliding back over to see his partner's reaction.

"Why would that bother me?" Spencer questions squeezing the smaller man's hand. "I think you're beautiful with or without it." Just like that the younger man's cheeks flame back up again in the prettiest pink color that the agent has ever seen.

"Derek is picking up your favorite clothes and books from your house, he should be back soon." Rami comments smoothly changing the subject, but his hand tightens in the other man's and his eyes shine with something that the genius can't quite place.

༄༄༄

"I'm going to go and pick up my car tomorrow out of storage so you don't have to walk or take cabs to work." Rami says as they walk into his apartment. He goes through the usual putting his keys in the bowl and hanging his, and now also Spencer's, messenger bag up on the hook before kicking off his shoe and helping the injured man take off his chucks. Once he manages to get the taller man over to the couch and settled with his leg up on the coffee table, he goes and props his door open for the soon to be arriving team and grabs a key on a corded bracelet from the key bowl. "This is your key from now on. I had it made hoping I'd be able to give it to you tonight, of course I mean over dinner and not because I have called dibs on the leg watch."

Spencer looks at the key for a few seconds and rolls it onto his wrist before glancing around. "This is a really nice place, Rami. I wouldn't think a small business owner could afford it, no offense."

"You're right, a small business owner would normally not be able to afford this. I could give you some bullshit about how I worked through college, which wouldn't be a lie, but truthfully my mama owned this building and now I do." The green-eyed man begins to explain taking a seat next to his partner. "There are two apartments on each of the first three floors and one on each of the last two making it eight in total. I moved in to this one when I put my mom in hospice because the house felt too big without her, and currently there are only three apartments not rented."

"The first one is the one right across the hall, the woman who lived their was older and she passed away on vacation with her family about a month ago, they are still cleaning it out. The second one is on the third floor, the guy who owned it last just moved out last week so I don't have anyone lined up for it. And then the last one is on the fourth floor, it's a two bedroom and I haven't had very many people come and look at it." He lists off as Damocles jumps up on the couch between them looking for attention.

"Do you mind if I mention you have a two bedroom opening to Hotch? He mentioned not feeling safe in his apartment anymore before we all split off and whenever we catch Foyet he'll probably want room for Jack." The brown-eyed man comments as he scratches up the calico's neck.

"Go ahead, but there is a young couple with a toddler the floor above so warn him. I'm going to start cooking, do you need me to bring you some books or do you want to attempt to work my TV? I recently got Netflix." Rami offers up as he stands rubbing a hand over the feline's head.

"I'll read, I know you like to listen to your record player while you cook." Spencer smiles up at the younger man.

Above is the floor plan of Rami's apartment for anyone who needs to see it to help them read

Above is the floor plan of Rami's apartment for anyone who needs to see it to help them read. The episode mentioned in this chapter is still S5E1.