༄NINE༄

"A pig farm?" Spencer can almost see Rami wrinkling up his nose at the thought of it. "I don't think I'll ever eat pork again, that's disgusting."

"You and me both, how about we meet up and look for restaurants with Kosher menus this Saturday?" He asks as he opens his door dropping his keys on the counter before pulling off his satchel to place it on the couch.

"Sounds good. Oh guess what!" The excitement in the smaller man's voice is obvious and it makes him smile as he kicks off his chucks and flicks the light on in the Kitchen/Living-room/Office of his apartment. He has the money to get a better apartment but he really doesn't see the need when this one fits all of his books, is manageable, and is only a 35 minute walk from the BAU.

He pushes down a yawn and answers. "What?"

"The head professor and the Dean of the school called today. Apparently I qualify to skip up to four semesters forward! In two years we'll have seven Doctorates between us." Rami says and the agent can hear him frying something up in the background.

"We can have eight if I start on my fourth soon too. What do you think I should go for?" Spencer asks shuffling through his cabinets to pull down an unopened box of vanilla wafers and a jar of Skippy's peanut butter.

"Physics." The younger man offers up immediately. "It would be something that actually interests you and with you already having a PhD in Chemistry you could probably get away with skipping a few base semesters."

The genius hums his agreement and slumps down on his couch holding his phone between his ear and his shoulder to open up his treats. "That would be interesting. You realize we might end up being one of the most intellectually capable couples in america if we do that, right?"

"I've never heard you call us a couple before... it's nice." Rami mentions as the sound of a fridge opening comes through the phone. "Also how do you know I'm not planning for us to go right to the top of the intellectual hierarchy? I've always wanted to be a king."

"Would that make me your consort?" Spencer inquires scooping his first cookie through the peanut butter. "Did you know that the word consort comes from the grouping of the Latin words Con meaning together and Sors meaning lot or density? The two words were put together to basically translate as Sharing Partner and the French and English changed the end of the word from Sors to Sort in the late middle ages."

"You learn something new everyday." The green-eyed man comments. "I think I'd rather have you as my equal though, we can be the reigning kings of the eight PhDs."

"Sounds like a fitting title, I'll sign up for online courses as soon as I get the time. What are you cooking?" The genius asks before shoving a peanut butter covered cookie unceremoniously into his mouth so that he can set his snacks aside and go turn on his coffee maker.

"I fried up some squash and okra and now I'm just waiting on my baked chicken breast to finish cooking." The younger man explains and the sound of running water whispers through the phone. "What unhealthy thing are you snacking on now that neither me or the team can stop you?"

"Vanilla wafers and peanut butter, not the most unhealthy thing I've had. Speaking of the team when are you supposed to start? I turned in my fraternization for before we left on this last case." Reid says as he dumps a scoop of Folgers into the coffee filter and pulls the spray nozzle from the sink so he can spray water into the back of the machine.

"I'm supposed to start next month sometime. Strauss wants to have my badges done and my new gun permit authorized before I start. I also wanted to make sure the Coffee House was fully staffed and that my upstairs neighbor, Mrs. Henley, would be okay with getting called randomly to feed Damocles." Rami explains and the oven beeps in the background.

༄༄༄

Rami's phone trills from his messenger bag and he looks at the offending item in exhaustion. Sighing he walks back over to the hooks by his door and pulls the phone from the side pocket to flip it open and jab at the answer button. He lifts it to his ear and sucks in a breath. "Di'Nair."

"Rami, it's Emily. Hotch and Spencer are in the hospital." The woman reports.

Almost not able to breathe, the green-eyed man shrugs his bag back on and grabs his keys from the bowl. "What happened?"

"Spence was shot in the leg protecting a doctor from an Unsub. They've got him on laughing gas because he won't take narcotics." Prentiss starts out as he pulls the door shut and locks it behind him. "Hotch was attacked by the Reaper, George Foyet. He was stabbed and lost a good amount of blood but he's awake and coherent."

"Okay, you can tell me more when I get there, which hospital?" Rami questions jogging out to the sidewalk so he can wave down a taxi.

Episodes Mentioned:  S4E25/26 and S5E1