-YOUR POV-

After hearing the awful news which completely ruined you, the four of you chose to head back to your apartment, thinking it the safest place after what happened to Jacob today.

You and Newt walked in a slightly uncomfortable silence. Memories of the two of you together couldn't leave your mind, even with everything going on.

I wonder, does he feel the same way? Even though I don't even know what I feel. You thought.

You went to the elevator and hesitated, remembering for a moment what happened there just a few days ago. Slowly, you pressed the up arrow button and watched the light turn on.

The elevator finally reached your floor and you waited. Your heart raced faster as the doors opened.

We should've just taken the stairs. You thought.

Confirming your suspicions was Gennady, who stood in the elevator with a sour expression on his face.

You almost fainted, but Tina was behind you and able to steady you.

Newt stepped in front of you, his wand ready in one hand and his case in the other.

"Don't you dare hurt her." He said.

Queenie stared at the man, probably, you assumed, trying to read him.

He stepped out of the elevator and took a step that brought him inches away from Newt.

"Try me." Gennady said.

"Leave him alone." You shouted.

Gennady and Newt both moved their heads to look at you.

"It's not your case. You can't have it." You said. 

Gennady smiled at that, then pretended to be upset and let out a sigh.

"Oh well." he said. "I really thought I could fool you."
His tone got more serious. "Worthless muggle."

He's wrong about both of those things.
Newt thought.
She's not a muggle, and she's definitely not worthless.

Queenie heard him think that and smiled a little.

What Gennady said had angered you.

Time to prove him wrong. You thought, moving your hands slightly.

You mumbled, "Avis" , and could hear the birds as they rushed down the hall and swooped left toward you and Gennady.
(Avis is a bird summoning spell)
They pecked at him and some managed to draw blood.

Behind you, Tina handed you her wand, knowing what you were capable of and trusting you to stop him. 

You kept it behind your back, waiting for the right time to present itself. 

Gennady shouted and cursed as he tried to hit the birds away.  Then, they vanished while in the air.

"How did you-" He said, breathing heavily.

"Stupefy!" You shouted, moving Tina's wand toward him.

Gennady dropped to the floor, his wand falling out of his pocket. 

Newt grabbed it quickly and stayed in front of you as he watched Gennady, who was paralysed by the spell.

You felt even more grateful towards him now, for teaching you dueling spells and educating you on a world that was entirely new to you.

"Nice work." A voice said. "We'll take it from here."

A tall woman appeared from around the corner. She was wearing a long black dress and cloak that went down to her feet and seemed to be someone of high status.

Other wizards and witches with black hats stood behind her, acting as her guards, you assumed.  They took the still paralysed Gennady and lifted him off of the floor. 

They restrained him and disapparated from the scene. You breathed a sigh of relief knowing the person who tried to hurt Newt, and who did hurt you would finally be taken away. 

The woman walked over to you and smiled. "The new witch, I presume?"

You nodded. "Yes. That's me."

"We are in great debt to you. Thank you for successfully stopping a dark wizard."

She looked over at Newt. "Mister Scamander, you taught her, yes?"

He nodded. "Yes, Madam President."

"Well done."

.*•.*•.*•.*•.*•.*•.

You turned to Tina and held out her wand for her to take. "Thank you so much, Tina.  For everything."

Tina took the wand and put it back in her pocket. "No problem. Soon, you'll be able to get one of your own." She smiled.

Wow. You thought to yourself. That's so... surreal. To have my own wand, my own magical powers... Just like mom.

Memories of you with your mother in your early years flashed through your mind.

If only you could see me now, mom.

The woman wearing the black cloak left with the other wizards and witches, leaving you, Newt, Queenie, and Tina together.

"Great job, honey." Queenie said. "You're going to be a great witch!"

"Thank you, Queenie. You and Tina have been a very big help."

They both smiled at you and Queenie said, "Well, we'll leave you two alone."

She grabbed Tina's arm and tilted her head to show Tina what she meant.

They were leaving now, for my sake and Newt's. 

Thanks Queenie. I thought.

She nodded and I looked toward Newt.

You looked at him and suddenly felt nervous. His hair was still a little bit messy, but he looked handsome.

What you didn't realize was that he thought you looked beautiful, even though you also looked a mess. 

For a moment, you tried to envision what he looked like under his white shirt. 

Stop this. You thought. Perhaps now we'll solve the mystery of why this keeps happening. Why I feel like...

"(Y/N), I'm so glad you're alright." He said, his face so caring and sweet.

Stop. It. You thought.

"Thank you, Newt.  I'm glad you're okay, too."

"(F/N), these-um-these past couple of days have been-"

"Great?" You tried. That was how you felt about them at least. "Besides the dark wizards, of course."

"Right, of course." Newt nodded, smiling.

"Can-can I ask you something?"

You froze. "Um-sure?"

He stuttered. "Well, I-I-"

"Yes?" You asked.

"(Y/N) I've felt a certain way about you, I just don't know how to-"

"Explain it?" You asked, tearing up.

"I think I can."

A/N-Hello everyone!! This is the second to last update for We Found Love 💕 Thank you all so much for your support and love, I appreciate all of it!!!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and if you did be sure to comment and click the star button to vote💙💙