"I'll be right back." Newt said. "I just have to grab something from my case." You winced at those words...  My case.

There was so much you didn't know, and it seemed to be eating away at you.

"O-Okay, Newt." You said, as you heard the case click and flip open.

In no time at all, he came back into your room with something in his hand. "Here, (Y/F/N). Drink this. It'll help you."

You held yourself up as Newt propped a pillow under your back and neck to keep you sitting in an upright position. You took the cup full of red liquid and drank it, still in pain.

Newt, still a bit shy towards you, hesitantly sat on the edge of the bed and looked at you with a concerned expression on his face.

"What happened, (Y/F/N)? You don't have to tell me now, but I want to make sure you're okay. Did something bad happen?"

Newt could tell that he was overloading you with questions, so he paused to allow you to gather your thoughts and start from the beginning.

I can't tell him. You thought. What if he gets hurt? What if I get hurt? Gennady said there'd be consequences if he didn't get what he wanted...

"Newt, I-" You paused. "I'm afraid I can't tell you." You said.

"Can't tell me?" He asked. "(Y/F/N), what's wrong?"

You took a deep breath. "Newt, something bad did happen." You could feel the tears in your eyes still trying to pour out. "I don't even know where to start."

"Well, just start from the beginning. Right after you left." Newt said gently.

Memories came flooding back to you, and you were still afraid and hurting, hough the liquid that Newt gave you seemed to be helping.

"Right. Well, I went to get in the elevator to go downstairs and when the doors opened I-well I saw this man standing there."

Newt's expression turned angry as he thought about what that could mean. It brought back memories of Kallan as well.

"I didn't think anything of it. I just walked in and then he started talking to me and asked me if I- if I knew anything about-" You stopped.

"If you knew anything about what?" Newt asked.

"Magical creatures." You told him quietly.
Newt's eyes widened and gently put his hand on your arm.

Seeing all that you'd gone through, even though he didn't know the half of it, nearly killed him. But, he couldn't say why.

"I kept telling him that I didn't know anything, but he didn't believe me. So, he casted a spell."
You told Newt. "I think it was apper-something?" You guessed.

"Apparate." He said, still gently holding your arm.

"I think that's why I feel so bad." The pain was almost gone now, but you still felt somewhat nauseous. "We went somewhere and then he sprayed me with something and I woke up tied to a chair. Then he told me that if I-" You paused.

I shouldn't tell him.

"If I did something for him, he'd let me go and he would never bother me again."

Newt was so angry he couldn't stop this, so angry he wasn't there.

"What did he want you to do?' Newt asked. 
A dark wizard no doubt...  He thought.

"He told me about a case. One full of magical creatures. He said it was his." You said, beating around the bush. "Your case, that is."

You wanted to tell him the last part, but feared he would leave. You didn't want Newt to be angry at you for this.