14. 𝙈𝙞𝙠𝙖𝙚𝙡

Start from the beginning

"I'd appreciate that. Two historical minds are a lot better than one." Alaric sighed in relief. It was clear he didn't like her being on her own but she wasn't bothered, in fact, she was glad one adult cared enough to not order her around but kept an eye on her.

"Hey, before you go, can I tell you something and you swear not to tell Damon or anyone?" Imelda lowered her voice, eating a few more fries as she let Alaric decided.

"I promise." Alaric sounded honest.

"I found out that my mom never married Samuel, who I thought was my dad but turns out was a witch and was only Iris's dad." Imelda drew in a sharp breath. "But I just left the hospital after talking to my Aunt and she told me that my real dad was Micah Irving."

"Imelda,-" Alaric was cut off by her shaky breath.

"He's alive, Alaric." Imelda peered at her fries, her fingers trembling. "My dad is alive."

Alaric was silent for a moment. "Why don't I join you? I could use a break from these images."

"It's fine, besides Bonnie's on her way right?" Imelda brushed his offer off. "I'm just eating, not worrying about it. I just needed to tell someone, thanks for listening."

"I'm always happy to help a fellow hunter and history buff." Alaric joked, earning a light laugh from Imelda. "Enjoy your lunch, okay? I'll see you soon."

"See you soon, Alaric." Imelda offered a farewell, slipping her phone into her back pocket she sipped her coke. Matt was busy working so he never did stop by to talk to her, not that she was bothered. She liked being able to eat alone, though she did get a refill from some other waiter.

"Buffy! Alaric said you'd probably still be here." Damon's voice washed over Imelda, leaving her to wonder how long she had stayed at the Grill.

It was more full she noticed after her third bathroom break. She had just sat back down and ordered a cheeseburger when Damon spotted her, sitting next to her as Stefan surprisingly sat on her other side.

"You're kidding, right?" Imelda's gaze snapped to Damon, ignoring Stefan who winked in greeting. "Why is he free? Damon, has old age finally caught up to you?"

Damon grimaced. "No need to bring up age, Buffy. Besides, Stefan's fine, aren't you Stef?" They both looked to see Stefan smirking at them.

"Oh yeah, he's fine." Imelda drawled. "Does Elena know he's playing hooky?" She rubbed her hands together as her cheeseburger and fries were brought out along with another coke.

Stefan took a fry. "Elena doesn't get to dictate what I say or do. Besides, I figured I'd get more information out of you as to why I'm jail free. Guess I was wrong." He ate the fry, smirking as Damon ordered a round of shots.

"Yeah. I didn't care enough to ask what happened to you after the whole car thing." Imelda lied, watching Damon also steal her fry. "Take more of my food and I'm shoving this stool into both of your chests."

"Ooh, Ims. I'm shaking. "Stefan winked, picking up a shot glass Damon slid him and downing it quickly. Damon slid her one and she downed it as well. "So, Klaus seemed pretty pissed when he called, something about your humans being killed?"

"Mhm. My doing." Damon wiggled his fingers, ordering more drinks and stealing more fries. "Also told Klaus to take a hike, Buffy only had room in her life for one crazy vampire, and I fill that role."

Imelda ate with annoyance as Stefan laughed. "Yeah. He's going to enjoy ripping your heart out, he's got a thing for Ims, here. Cute really." He nudged Imelda and ignored her haunting glare as she nearly choked on her cheeseburger.