14. 𝙈𝙞𝙠𝙖𝙚𝙡

Start from the beginning

"Damon is a vampire and unless you want to be the one to have my heart in a shoe box, I'm not fighting him and I'm especially not fighting Dick Stefan." Imelda started driving once more. "Speaking of yesterday, my dead not sister came back and tried to kill me."

"I'm beginning to question why I left you." Klaus growled, glass sounded like it shattered. "How many death experiences have you suffered the last week? Where are you, right now? I'm sending someone to come and get you."

"I'm heading home right now." Imelda muttered. Her grip tightened on her phone. "Klaus, I-I can't just leave. My family knows Iris is dead and I promised Damon and Elena that I'd help them with Stefan."

"Help with Stefan? Love, do you know that it's impossible to break his compulsion to flip his humanity back on." Klaus laughed without much humor in his voice. "Stay home, I'll have someone there in a few hours."

It was his turn to hang up, leaving Imelda to realize she never told him why she had unconsciously called him. Rather than call anyone else, Imelda just tossed her phone onto the passenger seat and drove in silence, mulling over everything.

Her father was alive. His name was Micah Irving. Did he know about the supernatural? Did he know about her? Imelda shook her head, changing course and heading to the Mystic Grill to eat or talk herself into a drink, she wasn't sure just yet.

"Imelda? What are you doing here?" Matt Donovan questioned as he left the kitchen to see Imelda Fell sat at the bar, her fingers drumming on the bar top with hazel eyes dull. Her head jerked to the side and she offered a smile.

"Well, you know I thought I'd either get day drunk or go out eating too many french fries." She watched the blond male laugh and stood in front of her, his palms resting on the bar.

"Well, your underage, so I can't serve you but I can get you some fries." Matt was always kind, he was the boy next door and from what Imelda knew of him, he was too pure for this world. Then again, she used to think the same of Iris and look where that got her.

Imelda nodded. "Yeah, I'll take fries instead, can't always rely on getting drunk."

"I heard about Iris. I'm really sorry, Ims." Matt was sincere. Imelda only shrugged. "If you need anyone to talk to, you can talk to me. I'm always happy to listen to the girl who helped me pass art class."

"That was second grade." Imelda quirked her eyebrow as Matt grinned and shrugged before heading back to the kitchen. Her phone beeped and she grumbled, pulling it out and seeing Alaric was calling.

"Hey Alaric." Imelda answered, glancing around, something felt off but she wasn't sure what.

Alaric laughed. "You can call me Ric, Imelda. I don't mind."

"I like Alaric better, not as boring as Ric." Imelda settled for acting how she had that morning. "So how's deciphering coming along?"

"It could be better. I'm going cross eyed, I think." Alaric laughed at himself as Imelda snorted at the poor joke. "But I've got Bonnie dropping by later, I think I might be onto something. You talked to Elena about your master plan?"

Imelda nodded, shooting a smile to Matt who arrived with a basket full of fries and a coke. "Yeah, she's not text me pleading to come save her from Rebekah. And Rebekah text earlier about homecoming."

"That's good, have you heard from Damon?" Alaric sighed as he shuffled some papers.

Imelda picked up a plain fry and ate it. She turned to glance around the bar but didn't see him. "He's not at the bar, so that's a good thing. I'm going to head to jail and check up on the inmate then I'll be back to help."