Chapter 5: Realising Reality

The racket in the quaint home had come to a low level, as normal chatting could be heard all around the house. The boys all seem very kind and caring. I've only been with them for a couple of hours, and they've all been like the older brothers I never had.

Well, except for Johnny. He and I share something different. We came from similar devastating backgrounds. Terrible home lives. We're both broken, and I think we might be able to fix each other. With time and attention to heal, maybe we can both learn how to trust again.

"Hey, (Y/N). How do you like it here so far?" The tan boy I'd just been thinking about asked me.

"I love it. Thank you for bringing me in here and introducing me to a new life," I said with sincerity.

"Well, I guess that's no problem. There's some soda and a few burgers from the diner in the kitchen, if you wanna follow me and get some."

"Yeah, sure," I said as my stomach growled rather loudly right on cue. We both let out a small giggle.

As I followed him, I knew that almost everything was different with him. The ways the other guys in the house hold treated me were with caring hearts and a sense of protectiveness. Like I was their only little sis. But with this Johnny Cade, it's all that and more. He rarely shows it, but he's very caring and protective of me.

When all the guys surrounded me, he was there for me to hold on to, to comfort me, and to soothe and calm my nerves. He let the guys know to be cautious, and to not get too close.

He invited me over when I sought refuge and care. He was there to listen to my problems and respond with empathy. I'm so nervous around him, yet I'm comfortable with constantly being with him. I don't really know what he's doing to me. But I kinda like it.

We finally reached the kitchen as his gorgeous eyes pulled me out of my thinking.

"You seem to be lost in you thoughts. Mind telling me what you're thinkin'?" He asked me with an innocent shimmer in his eyes.

"Umm, well I umm," I stuttered, but not before getting interrupted by Ponyboy.

"Hey, (Y/N), do you mind if I show ya around since you and Johnny will be staying with us for a while?"

"Oh, umm, sure," I replied while keeping my face towards Ponyboy but directing my sight towards Johnny. Ponyboy grabbed my hand and led me to a dark bedroom.

Several things were running through my mind, what the hell was he doing and why are we in here? But all of that was soon answered. He flipped on a light and said, "Umm, we need to talk, (Y/N)."

"What about?" I asked with a hint of urgency.

"Johnny."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ooohhhh cliffhanger!

I'm really in the mood to write so I might update tomorrow!!

Bye, loves!

- Ani <3