"Security Breach." Elwin said, annoyed. Alden shot Elwin a look of apology and turned to the kids.

"They know that you are just children, not weapons. And they want to treat you as such." Alden said to the group. 

"But we can't act like teenagers when there are constant Neverseen attacks at our school, homes, and parks," Dex argued.

"Yes, but that does not mean it is your responsibility to fight them. You must start thinking about anything else. Besides, this is the first Neverseen attack for four months." Alden calmly responded.

"Plus, you all have the Elag Gala coming u-"Alden was cut off by Biana's gasp.

"That is coming up? I thought it was next month!" Biana squealed. Everyone acutally seemed quite excited at the mention of this Gala, except for Sophie, who wore a face of confusion and exhaustion at the mention of another Gala. 

"How did you all get in here? Out, out!" A Goblin guard asked, walking into the tent. All of her friends were rushed out of the tent, complaining. Elwin sighed in relief and slipped his glasses on and looked at Fitz.

"You are looking good to go Fitz, just make to drink two bottles of youth a day and take it easy." Elwin said, moving over to Sophie.

"Sophie, could you roll up your sleeve so I can look at your right shoulder injury?"Elwin asked, looking through a large selection of new potions. 

"Um, Elwin?" Sophie asked, her eyes looking pointedly at Fitz, who was grabbing all his things. Elwin caught her eyes and nodded.

"Ah, yes, of course. Let me check your abdomen first." Elwin recovered, coming over with his glasses and a clipboard. 

"Wait, why can't I see her shoulder?" Fitz asked right as he was about to leave the tent. 

"It is bloody and mauled, and it might be a bit nauseating to look at." Elwin rattled out, his face looking fresh and calm as he looked at Sophie's abdomen. Fitz looked unconvinced but left anyway sending Sophie a smile. After Fitz was a reasonable distance away from the tent, Sophie let out the breath she was holding in her throat. 

"Thanks, Elwin." Sophie mumbled out, rolling up her sleeve. 

"You need to tell them about this, Miss Ruewen."

"I know, just not yet. It might freak them out. You are the only one who knows about it, and that's because you saw it by accident." Sophie mumbled out. Elwin smiled and looked at Sophie's shoulder and confirmed her it was all healed at that she was free to go. Before leaving the tent, she gazed at her right shoulder. On her shoulder was a black tattoo she has had since before she can remember. It was bizarre and unnatural, but whenever she looked at she felt an emotion she couldn't quite place, but it felt almost like... pride.

(okay I had trouble getting this image in so if it doesn't load please tell me and I will try to fix it. Also, the Assassins Creed reference is really showing now, huh?)

 Also, the Assassins Creed reference is really showing now, huh?)

It is the reason she always wears long sleeves. She is proud of it, for whatever reason, but she doesn't know how anyone will react to it and she decided she would attempt to keep it a secret for as long as possible. 

"Sophie, please look at me." Elwin asked right as Sophie was about to leave. Sophie turned around in confusion.

"You are not a freak, and trust me when I say to trust your friends. I really think you should tell them about the tattoo. Don't make the mistake I did, okay? They love you just as much as you love them and you need to stick next to them in the next couple years. I have a gut feeling that the Neverseen aren't done." Elwin said quietly, resting his hands on Sophie's shoulders.

"Okay, I will try to them soon." Sophie smiled. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not the best chapter but it will get better once we get to the Elag Gala! 

Please support the original artist of that wonderful Assassins Creed tattoo!

Love ya,

_Sibylline_