I'll protect you. (X x Reader)

Recently, the Maverick Hunter HQ assigned (Y/n) to a job deep in the outer woods of Abel City. There have been recent cases of both humans and reploids disappearing there, so she has been assigned to get to the bottom of it.
Only 2 humans have been found, but not a lot of information was received from them. They were both shaken up and suffered from extreme anxiety and PTSD from their mysterious incident.
   X and Zero weren't happy about (Y/n) being chosen.  She was a fantastic fighter,  even with her cheery, positive, and almost innocent demeanor.
But even with these facts, X and Zero can't help but worry for her. Both for her safety and well-being. And X couldn't bear to let her get hurt.
    Zero knew how much (Y/n) meant to X. And he was happy he had someone else to bring some joy into his life, with all the stuff he has to put up with. And although Zero doesn't have the same feelings for (Y/n) as X does, he still cares for her as he would for X.
      "Are you sure you'll be alright?", X asked (Y/n) concerned. She just completed her warm up session before her mission and was about to leave the training room.
          "I'm positive, X!", she chirped. "There isn't any evidence that the missing people are hurt, so there still is hope!" She exclaimed with a small fist bump. "Don't be so naive, (Y/n).", a deeper voice announced.
     X and (Y/n) both turned on their heels to be met by Zero, who was in the doorway. His stance gave off a calm and stoic vibe. He stood with one foot propped up, arms crossed, and both of his eyes closed.
   "Don't get your hopes up only for them to be crushed. The culprit could have disposed of any evidence himself.", he cautioned. This discouraged (Y/n) a bit. "Oh, okay then.
        "But (Y/n) you are right.", Zero added with a smirk. He opened an eye to make eye contact.
"There is hope." He stated.
        (Y/n) smiled. Zero could be a buzzkill sometimes, but deep down he truly is a nice guy.

              Zero stood up straight and walked over to where X and (Y/n) were standing, towering over the both of them. "But if you would like, X and I could help. We're both free today.", he offered. X nodded in agreement.
         "What?! Today is your Out Day!! I can't take that away from the both of you!", (Y/n) exclaimed with a twinge of guilt, gesturing to the males in front of her.
           Suddenly, X had an idea. "The day's only begun! Zero and I can move our Out Day to next week to match yours!", he said placing a fist on his chest as if he was making a promise.
          Zero smiled at his friend's idea. "Then we could all loll around and do whatever all together.", he added. (Y/n) pondered for a moment. "A-are you sure about that?", she asked fiddling with her fingers as avoiding eye contact.
          "Positive!", X practically sung. "We just want to help!".
"O..okay then!", (Y/n) nervously replied. X smiled at her flustered state. 'Cute.'

TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY JOHN CENA.

           X, Zero, and (Y/n) have just made it to the outer woods. However, there were 3 paths to be taken.
          "We should split up and contact each other if anything goes wrong.", Zero recommenced.
Both X and (Y/n) nodded in agreement. "What if something happens to your communicator again, Zero?", X asked.
          Zero smirked. "Commander had it upgraded. If it goes offline it will send a signal, if I'm in trouble I'll send an S.O.S.", Zero told his friends.
           (Y/n) sighed in relief. "See you guys later?", she unintentionally asked. "You sure will.", Zero said with a slight hint of cockiness.
           "I'll take the middle one.", X declared. "I've got the left one.", said Zero. (Y/n) smiled slightly. "Then I'll take the one on the right!".
            All three of the reploids nodded to each other and jogged down their path of choice.
    But someone else was watching them and making a decision. "The girl, yes definitely. But which way did she go?".

           As Zero quickened his pace a little, he noticed that the woods had been disturbed. There were marks in the ground as if people have been dragged around. There were broken twigs and fallen vines down the direction he was headed. He buzzed in on his communicator. "X, (Y/n), do you read me?", he asked.
       "Loud and clear!", they replied in unison.
"There's a great possibility the victims were dragged over here, I'll buzz in when-" Zero was cut off by a dull 'thump', as if someone was banging on metal.
'thump' 'thump' 'thump' 'thump'
           The beat of the thumps got louder and louder till the source could be seen, covered in both blood and torn out circuit.