Sooner or Later...You Won't Resist Me [Ch. 19]

Start from the beginning

After I finished using the bathroom, I was about to walk downstairs until I turned towards Cory's room.  I really think I should apologize, although he should too. I walked cautiously to his closed bedroom door. I knocked twice, he didn't say anything. I knocked again, he didn't say anything. Okay, it's five in the afternoon, so there's no way he's asleep.

I decided to build the courage to open his door. I opened it slowly and cautiously. I've always stayed my distance whenever Cory was mad, so I don't know how he'd react. Maybe he'll throw something at my head or yell at me for entering without his say so. But oh well, he pretty much touch me without my say so, so all is fair.

"Not now, Courtney," I heard him mutter. When the door was fully open, I found him laying on his bed, face up, his ankles crossed. He was throwing a basketball towards the ceiling and catching it in his hands.

"It's Isyss," I replied softly. He stopped tossing the balls and angled his upper body up on his elbows and looked at me.

"Oh, well in that case," he began with glee in his voice. Has he forgiven me that soon? "Get out," he finished firmly before laying back down and continuing tossing the ball up, the glee from his voice gone. Wow, talk about getting your hopes up. I sighed, turned around, and shut the door, with me still in the room. I heard him sigh. "Isyss," he warned, but I ignored.

"No. We need to talk," I announced confidently. Why do I feel so nervous? It's just Cory, not Johnny Deep. As soon as I said that, Cory hopped abruptly off of his bed and walked towards me.

"Okay. Talk," he agreed firmly, crossing his arms over his chest and glaring at me.

I nodded and breathed in. "Oh...kay," I began, a little unsure. "First of all, I just wanted to apologize for bringing up Madison. I don't know the whole story and I shouldn't ha--"

"You're damn right you don't know the whole story," he cut me off, his voice leaking with venom. I looked at him, choosing my next words carefully.

"Well then tell me. Courtney wouldn't tell me anything. All I know is that you guys use to date, but all of a sudden stopped and she moved away. Then last weekend I found out she tried to kill herself, because she was in love with you, or you were in love with her or--"

"I wasn't in love with her," he cut me off again. This time his voice was calmer. There was a silence before I broke it.

"Is that why she moved away? She couldn't take the heartbreak?" I asked, trying to get as much information as I could.

Cory ran his hands over his face as he walked back towards his bed, and sat on the edge, facing me. "She didn't move away, well, she did, but not because she wanted to. I mean she..." he tried to explain, but gave up and sighed.

He fell back onto his bed. Face up and legs hanging off the edge. I wanted to get closer, but thought better of it. "We dated for a while," he began. I was a little shocked at first. I didn't actually think he'd start to talk again. "And when she told me she was in love with me, I just, I don't know, I just didn't feel the same way so," he began again, his voice to its natural tone. He didn't sound sad, he just sounded insightful.

I inched closer to hear better. "So you told her that," I finished for him as I stepped closer. I stopped when I was in a comfortable distance.

"Yeah," was all he said with another sigh. "Then she started acting crazy. Popping up out of nowhere, calling nonstop. If I didn't answer her text three minutes after she sent it, she'd call me asking why I didn't text her back and who am I cheating on her with. It got so out of hand that I just ended it," he went on to say.

By that time, I'm sitting on his bed next to him, looking down at him as he finished his story. "Days passed without a call from her, so I figured 'hey, she finally got the message'. Then one day, out of the blue, she text me saying that she'd rather die than see me with anyone else. Of course, I didn't think anything of it," he stopped. I suddenly felt like I was invaded his privacy.