narry one shot

okay, so i've never actually written a one shot before and i don't know, i decided i'd give it a go and well yeah, this is it.

-----------------------------------------

Niall lay on his bed, sprawled out like a starfish, absentmindly running his fingers across the surface of the bed underneath him, lost in his own thoughts. It was another mediocre November night: chilly and the only source of warmth so far had been the fireplace which sat next to the set of drawers on the right.

Walking up the stairs, Harry went straight to their bedroom, his mind consumed in niall, niall and niall. Seeing his boyfriend spread across the king-size bed he stopped for a moment and leaned against the door frame, admiring the look of content which had been set across Niall's face. He looks like an angel, Harry fondly thought, like a porcelain doll, so innocent, so pure. But of course Harry himself knew with Niall that was not at all the case.

Shaking his head, he smirked to himself and made his way to the older boy. Harry plopped himself on to the bed, making it dip down on where he'd placed himself causing the blonde haired boy to perk up from his daze. Confused at first but immediantly grinning when he'd realised who the other body that'd decided to join him was.

"Hey." Niall licked the bottom of his plump lips as he quitely spoke, his voice barely audible. Harry's eyes hungrily followed the small action, lightly chewing on the inside of his cheek before smiling cheekily at the other lad before slowly mumbling a shy 'hey' of his own.

"C'mere, babe." The blonde smiled at his boyfriend, reaching out his both arms, gesturing him to come between them whilst sticking out his bottom lip into a small pout, his big blue ocean-like eyes looking expectantly up at Harry. And really who was Harry to say no when Niall was looking at him like that?

Inevitably, Harry scooted down and over to the older boy, his longer legs awkwardly reaching the end of the bed before tucking himself against Niall. His slender frame holding his boyfriend's as he rolled on to his hipbone and draped his arm across the torso of the other boy, pressing the two bodies firmly together. He could hear the faint but somehow calming heartbeat of the blonde when he ducked his head down enough and set it on Niall's chest.

Harry loved the distant beat of Niall's heart. It was a comforting sort of sound, one that he found himself getting lost in many times before. Right now it was a steady and constant thud, telling him that Niall was just as content as he was but then there were times when Niall's heart would increasingly go faster. In times of excitement, Niall's heart would beat a quicker pace and he'd smile that oh so damned smile that'd make Harry's heart melt a little.

Harry loved Niall in general. From the way he was sweet on Monday morning's where Harry would want nothing but to stay in bed to the times he would shovel food down his mouth which Harry would mention he found sometimes disgusting but secretly and although, he'd never admit it but it was oddly attractive in a way that Harry would never be able to quite comprehend. Niall was Harry's happiness, the light in his dark halls and although Niall diagreed many times saying the it went against his alleged manhood, his little leprechaun.

Niall's arm was encircled around Harry's neck, occasionally slipping it into the soft curls of Harry's hair just to see Harry come closer and lean into his touch, sounds of approval escaping his barely-parted, pink lips. The blonde gently threaded his fingers through the brunet's hair, sometimes twisting one of the curls and stretching them only to have them bounce back into place as if they hadn't been touched in the first place. But it was the times that when Niall tugged on the curls that he loved that most. He loved seeing Harry's eyelids flutter slowly through his heavy lidded eyes, his breath slightly hitched and the small splash of pink that would paint itself on to his cheeks. 

It was times like this which they both dearly cherished, when it was just the two of them together. They weren't alone that often enough for their liking but when they were they tried to use in their own advantage, to their highest potential. "We have a flight tomorrow." Niall says out of the blue, the words lingering in the air way too much for Harry's taste. He wishes that wasn't the case, wishes that he had more time with Niall, just like this. Because on tour, they wouldn't get much chances.

It wasn't that Harry had a problem with the other boys. They were his family. The reasons why he was this far. They were the ones that kept him sane even though they did drive him insane at times. They, also, all knew about HarryandNiall and NiallandHarry and they tried to give them both as much space as possible. But despite their constant efforts, it still wasn't much.

Being on tour was a hectic experience but it was also one of the best. The singing, the fans, the total adrenline you would get there on the stage; it was crazy. And Harry would try to live in that moment, live off the energy that would be coursing through each and every one of their veins.

And he did miss Paul, the man that had been a fatherly figure to him whilst on tour. And the boys and the back up dancers and Lou and her darling of a daughter, Lux. But even still, Harry couldn't help the twinge of sadness he felt knowing that he wouldn't get as much time with Niall then he had for the past two weeks.

"Yeah, back on tour. You excited?" Harry nodded after a moment, chewing on the bottom of his lip as he raised his head to look at the blonde. Niall smiled affectionately at the younger boy, awe-struck to how somebody so much taller than him could look so small in his arms.

"Absolutely pumped, can't wait." Niall replied with an edge of excitement in his voice, shooting a grin at Harry. And Harry knew that Niall was genuinely happy to be on tour and start singing again but he couldn't help the stab of pain that pricked slowly at his heart as Niall said that. Can't wait. The words clutched at Harry, almost forcing his attention on to them. He can't wait to go back and leave this behind. Leave us behind. Leave me behind. And Harry knew he shouldn't be thinking like that but when it came to Niall he was never quite sure of what was what and why he thought that way and Niall just confused him so much. 

"Yeah?" Harry dryly mumbled, forcefully burying his face back into the warm comfort of Niall and trying to forget whatever thoughts he contended. He loved Niall and Niall loved him and..

Harry could feel Niall nodding to that, he didn't have to look up to know what expression would be set across the blonde's face. Didn't need to look up to know that his eyes would be twinkling and they would be deep pools of blue that Harry could drown in forever because Harry was doomed. "Yeah but right now is what matters and right now, I want to be with you and I want you to stay with me."

And it was all Niall needed to say to make Harry smile again. And Harry knew Niall loved him from the tight hold that he had on as if Harry would slip away and disappear. He felt the older boy's lips press against the top of his head, dropping Harry a kiss to bid him a goodnight and sleep well. Niall didn't have to say it but it was there between them, through endearing actions. Harry nuzzled his face into the nape of Niall's neck, also pressing his lips to the sensitive skin there and plant a kiss, wishing his goodnight, too. "I love you" Harry quietly breathed, mumbling ever so quietly so that the other boy wouldn't hear, before closing his eyes and falling into the silent mantra of niallniallniall.

And although Harry didn't think Niall had heard it but the blonde had. "And I love you." Niall whispered to the top of Harry's hair when he thought Harry had fallen alseep. And though Harry wasn't consious to the world then but he knew Niall felt the same way as Harry felt with him.