Chapter 5: Living with the Vamps

CHAPTER 5

"GOOD MORNING ALLY!!" I woke up to Brad screaming and jumping on my bed, while Tristan had decided to bring one of his drums and was bashing it wildly, and James and Connor were strumming random chords on their guitars as loud as they could. I groaned, why do mornings have to exist? I glanced at my clock and it read 10:13 am. That's so early!!

"Wha do yeurgh whatughgh?!" I said, half mumbling half groaning. They stopped making their noise and before I could even wonder why they had tipped the bed up so I fell onto the floor. No, I'm too tired for this! I rolled up like a catapillar in my duvet only to have it ripped off me.

"I SAID GOOD MORNING!" Brad screamed in my ear. I stumbled to my feet and said,

"Morning..." 

"BREAKFAST!!" Connor screamed, how can their eardrums even cope with this much noise at this hour in the morning?! I followed them into the kitchen for breakfast. Connor handed everyone glasses of orange juice. Once we had finished with breakfast, I went to get ready. I had a shower and moisturised my face, before getting some black skinny jeans and an over-sized blue and white striped tee. I dried my hair and straightened it. I then put on a tiny amount of concealer and foundation, applied eyeliner to my waterlines and put a small amount of non-clumpy mascara on, so not much make-up. Then I put on my outfit and looked in the mirror. My reflection was not the same as it was back in the adoption centre. Yes, the girl stood before me had the same waist-length dirt blonde hair and bright green eyes, but instead of her old miserable self, who didn't have a thing in life to be happy about, this girl had the perfect home, the perfect (non-biological) brothers, and a life she never would have dreamed about. Yes, it was early days, but she could feel herself becoming a happier person by the minute.

I walked back into the living room, and scrolled through twitter, looking at the responses from last night's twitcam. And, to my relief, the first few scrolls were filled with support and happiness that they had found me. But then all that registered in my brain was the hate.

"Why her? Seriously? There are other people you could have adopted you know! You didn't have to pick an ugly slut!"

"Bad decision, boys. She is going to use you for fame and money. You could have picked better, like me!"

"Ew, could have adopted someone decent at least! She look like an ugly fat whore! I bet she begged you or threatened you or something!"

I kept scrolling, only noticing the hate, when James put his head on my shoulder.

"They hate me James!" I said, I hadn't even noticed tears had been rolling down my face until my voice cracked. James turned me round to face him and hugged me tight.

"Trust me, they all love you! Those are just the mere few that are jealous! Look, I know what it's like at first. You know, how you only notice the hate up there" he said into my hair, poking my temple. He pulled away from the hug and called the boys while I wiped my tears. The boys slowly piled into the room.

"Ally needs cheering up" He simply said,. They ran into the kitchen screaming and James went to the film rack. The boys came running back in, Connor with chips, Tristan with Twisters and Brad with Ben & Jerry's cookie dough... all their favourite foods. James put the film '21 Jump Street'.

"YAAAY JAMES THANK YOU" Brad screamed, must be his favourite film or something. We sat watching TV cuddling up under blankets until we all fell asleep.

-------------------------

I woke up to the sound of the doorbell ringing. I noticed the film credits were rolling and the boys were still asleep. I switched off the TV and walked to the door. I fixed my messy hair and opened the door.

"Ally I'm so so sorry I-I didn't know what I was doing I-" Jack spoke, but I cut him off.

"How did you find me?" I said

"I asked at the adoption centre..." I sighed, did they not know about child protection? Jack could have wanted to kill me or something and they didn't even give it a second thought!

"Look, Jack. It's over. You made it pretty clear by kissing Kate. You shouldn't have done what you did because look where we are now; you're standing here at my doorstep about to get rejected by the girl who caught you cheating." I said, I'm not going to fall back into a relationship with him,only to get hurt again.

"Look, it wasn't like that! She threatened me, Ally. She said if I didn't go out with her and cheat on you, then she'd make my life a living hell! But I don't care about that anymore, I care about you more than that! I swear, Ally, I would never hurt you like that!" He said. Oh no, not working.

"Awww..." I said, pulling a forgiving face. "You are so FULL OF SHIT" I shouted the last part, and slammed the door in his face. I ran to my room, tears falling down my face. All the memories of him and Kate came flooding back, and I'd managed to forget about them ever since I came here. Why does she have to make my life so horrible?! What did I do to her to deserve this?! I began to cry even harder, and to muffle them, I cried into my pillow. I heard a soft knocking at my door, and quickly sat up, wiping the make-up from under my eyes.

"Come in" I said, in a small voice, trying to sound happy. Tristan popped his head round the door.

"Are you okay? I heard what happened at the doorstep..." He said, and sat on my bed.

"Oh... it's nothing..." I said.

"No it's not. I know how it feels, okay? My girlfriend has cheated on me alot, but I just can't bring myself to break up with her because, well, I keep telling myself I love her." He said, pulling me into a hug as I cried into his chest while he rubbed my back. After about 2 minutes, I stopped crying and pulled away, wiping the tears from under my eyes.

"Thanks" I said, pulling a small smile onto my face.

"I'll leave you to sort yourself out, come when your ready!" He said, walking out the door. I went  the mirror and fixed my make-up, so I looked a little less dead. I walked out and into the living room. The boys gave me sympathetic smiles, but said nothing. I glanced at the clock and turns out, we had wasted the whole day, and we needed to have dinner.

"I'm so hungry!" I said, hinting what time it was.

"NANDOS" Connor screeches and jumps off the sofa and towards the door. I guess that's where we're going then. I put on my white high tops and off to Nandos. Hopefully I can keep my mind off Jack while we're there.