Chapter 2

After the two Sith speeders were completely out of sight, Kozul started walking in the direction that the Republic forces had been heading, south. By the time he had reached his destination, a captured Republic camp nearly five kilos from where he had started, he was a mess. The filthy water from the swamps had made his boots all muddy and the dust filled wind had turned his Sith robes from black to brown. As he approached the camp, a few Sith troopers looked at him surprised, the brownness of his robes probably made them think he was a Jedi at first.

            When the Sith troopers recognized him not as a Jedi, they told him that Darth Quna was waiting for him inside one of the tents. They stepped aside and Kozul continued to walk further into the camp. The scorched corpses of Republic troopers and a few Jedi still lied around the camp from when the Dark Lady Worr and Quna had taken the camp. The tent that Darth Quna was waiting in was the a Republic commander’s tent and when he stepped inside, the body of the famous Jedi general Haasu Elner laid slumped over on the floor. Kozul stepped closer and could see a large gaping hole in the middle of the Jedi’s forehead, obviously the work of a lightsaber.

            He then sat down at a table in the middle of the tent where Darth Quna was also sitting. Darth Quna, formerly known as Rytha, was a female Sith pureblood and one of the roughest Sith apprentices ever known. Her red colored skin shimmered in light of a hanging glow rod and her small face tentacles dangled off her chin. She had also gotten a black tattoo of something that looked like a star on her left eye since he last him he had seen her, which had been at the Sith Training Academy almost five years ago.

            “Darth Kul,congratulations on your victory in the marshes,” she said in a tone that meant she actually wasn’t impressed.

            “Thank you Darth Quna, my master has given us an assignment. We are to return to Point Storm and help Lord Rendian and his troops,” Kozul sighed before finishing as to tell Quna it wasn’t going to be good, “unload supplies.”

            “What! A Sith of my power given such a lowly job as unloading supplies, that work is for the troopers or the droids,” Quna shouted, rolling her eyes in disgust.

            “The quicker we finish, the sooner we get to participate in the battles. Now where is our transportation?”

            “Swoop bikes are parked in the back; we will ride them a few meters south until we reach a docking bay. In that docking bay there is a ship that we will take.”

            The two Sith rose and exited the tent. Behind the tent, there were two JR-4 Swoop bikes, one with a black stripe going down the middle and the other with the red symbol of the Sith Empire on the side. Darth Quna climbed onto the one with the black stripe, while Kozul got onto the one with Sith symbol. They started their vehicles and sped away through the swamps.

            The ride was short, but uncomfortable. The JR-4 Swoops had not been designed for comfort, but rather speed and the swamps made the ride more difficult than it already was. Kozul had not been too angered about the supplies mission, but the constant and displeasing movements of the swoops had really gotten onto his nerves. Through the force, he could feel that Quna was feeling the same way, she was harsher though and thought things that no Sith would dare to speak out loud. As the two swoops pulled up next to the docking bay, they could see that it was no better than the bikes. It was as big as a Tatooine cantina, paint was peeling off, and there were several spots where wielders had to seal up holes.

            “I sense something,” Quna said, holding up one hand, signaling Kozul to halt. “Jedi, I smell the stench of Jedi, approach with caution.”

            The two Sith apprentices couched a little and began to creep towards the docking bay. When they reached the entrance, they saw the bodies of two Sith troopers with lightsaber cuts across their chests. They continued to walk into the docking area, where a yellow colored XS stock freighter was waiting. Before they could reach the spacecraft, they saw an elderly Bothan male walk out of the ship with a lightsaber attached to his belt.

            “Jedi,” Quna growled. They waited until the furry humanoid was outside the docking bay, then they continued into the ship.

            “Out of all the starships in the galaxy, why did it have to be this one,” Kozul mumbled as the two Sith sat down in the cockpit.

            On the side of one of the walls, there was a small plaque that said The Oblivion, which had to be the name of the ship. Quna pressed a button on the control pad and the ship’s engine core could be heard heating up for take-off. Kozul assisted Quna in preparing the freighter for flight by flipping the appropriate switches, when all of the sudden he could hear someone behind him. Before he could turn to see who it was, the sound of a lightsaber igniting was heard and he turned to see Darth Quna’s head rolling off her neck and onto the floor.

He watched in horror as the rest of the Sith’s headless body also collapsed to the floor. He then spun around in his chair to see a light blue lightsaber blade pointed at his face. Behind the blade, was the wielder, a human female with black hair.

            “Are you ready to die Sith?”