48.| He's Here To Stay

Start from the beginning

The two of us both left the meeting room and I led to his office in silence. 

"Yuejia." He calls. But I try to ignore him. 

"Mr. Fan. We have arrived at your office. If you need anything in the future, my desk is right in front of your office. Welcome to our company." I say politely. After that, I tried to walk away, but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, pushing me against the wall and trapping me between him.

"You never called me 'Mr. Fan' before." 

I sarcastically smiled at him. "I do when you suddenly become my boss."

"I'm not your boss!"

I raise one of my brows and smirk. "Your not? Tch. Think about it Fan ChengCheng! Your investing money into a project with a company! That I work for! My job is a financier! Not a CEO that invests money into an idea!"

"So!?"

"So? So that means we are not on the same level!"

"Yuejia. We've known each other since high school! That doesn't change."

"Fan ChengCheng. I feel like I don't even know you anymore. I don't know what your plan or goal is. But I really don't want to be involved in it."

He clicks his tongue and smirks. "What are you trying to say then?"

"I trying to say is. Let's only keep things professional between us. You stay out of my life. And I stay out of yours. Please." I finished talking and pushed him away. 

When heading back, I saw Yangyang waiting for me. 

I pretended not to see him.

"Ah... baby-ah. Don't ignore me."

"Yangyang. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I calmly asked him. He reached for my hands and gently held them. 

"I didn't want you to find out this way. But when I called you, I  was sitting with our boss. I couldn't just tell you that he was here." 

I looked at him closely. "You're not lying?"

"Course I'm not!" He quickly pecks my lips, making me smile. In the end, I gave in and accepted his apology. "Wanna go eat somewhere? My treat." I hit his chest jokingly. 

"It's always your treat."

"Yes, yes my queen."

Yangyang brought me to a very nice and open restaurant where there was a rooftop. Like the gentlemen he is, he pulls out my chair for me. He even ordered food for me, but it's a shame that he had to leave from an anonymous phone call.

"Hey, baby. I have to go."

I raise one of my brows. "Who was that? Our food hasn't even arrived yet."

"I know. But this is urgent. I'll make it up next time." He quickly says and kisses the top of my head before leaving. I forced a smile as he turns back and looks at me. But once he disappeared. That smile instantly fell.

"Well then... what is the point in eating, if you are alone," I mumbled under my breath.

"You don't have to." A familiar voice says and sits down in front of me. 

"Tch. Did you follow me?"

"If I said no. Would you believe me?"

"Depends how good of a lie it is." I challenged, along with crossing my arms over my chest. 

ChengCheng scoffed loudly. "I'm here to meet a friend. But I happen to see you. So-" He shrugs his shoulders. "- I decided to come over and say hi."

"Hi." I smiled. "You can leave now." I quickly say afterwards. 

"C' mon Yuejia. Don't be like that." He whines as the food comes. "Look," He points down at the food. "Don't let these go to waste. These are expensive and good. You won't be able to finish these alone."

"What if I brought them home for Jiang, LouLou and Yorong to eat? You would be the last on earth for me to ask to eat with me."

ChengCheng fell back against his chairs and lets out a dry laugh.

"Aren't you heartless."

"Fan ChengCheng. You can sit here and eat all the food on this table. But sitting with you. Tch. I might as well go shoot myself." I quickly grabbed my stuff and tried to leave, but ChengCheng quickly gave me a back hug. My mind instantly went blank.

"Do you really hate me that much?"

"Fan ChengCheng!! Let me go!! People will see." 

"So?"

I used all my force and pushed him away. I looked at him dead in the eye. 

"I have a boyfriend. You have your own partner... Leave the past. Please. I don't want to see you anymore."

"Tch... that's kinda hard don't you think?"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm here to stay for good now. I'm also your companies business partner. So it's hard for us not to see each other."

I forced a smile. "Your right. It will be hard. Then let's keep things strictly professional. I beg you."

-

-

-

-

-

Hello Jennings!!

I'm so sorry that I have been absent. It's just my exams are just around the corner. Along with the fact that the kpop world has just been so chaotic and bad. Like it is so toxic.

Thank you for waiting for me. I love you all very much!<3

VOTE/COMMENT!!

-Jae<3