(to David and Claire)

Thanks for joining us today. So does any of this strike you as odd? Finding love on television?

David puts on his infomercial persona.

DAVID VERDIN

Well, when you think about it, is finding someone on television any stranger than meeting someone in a bar, or on the street? It's just a different medium.

He puts his arm around Claire again and PULLS her close.

DAVID VERDIN (CONT’D)

I am so lucky that the show brought us together. We are...so in love.

CLAIRE LE MAYES

Oh, yes. Very much in love.

Melanie just smiles in an indulgent manner.

MELANIE

So what was it about each other that made you fall in love? There is some talk that you might have picked the wrong woman.

Claire stiffens.

CLAIRE LE MAYES

They're saying that? Well, for me I had to say it was the way David cuddled with his blankie that night we spent in the hotel. He'd brought it all the way from home. I was so touched that he still had something like that from his childhood.

CUT TO:

INT. SOMEONE'S LIVING ROOM – DAY

A group of women on a couch go AWWWW.

CUT TO:

INT. ELECTRONICS STORE – DAY

A group of men LAUGH their asses off.

CUT BACK TO:

INT. TALK SHOW STUDIO – STAGE - DAY

David has a smile plastered on his face.

DAVID VERDIN

With Claire, I was always impressed with her cavalier attitude towards flatulence. She’d just let one rip and then laugh and laugh.

Claire’s smile becomes more tight-lipped.

CLAIRE LE MAYES

David, you are such a basta-

(she stops herself)

A bastion of strength. Thank you for putting up with me.

INT. TALK SHOW STUDIO #2 – STAGE – DAY

Claire and David are sitting on another couch, a different interviewer across from them.

CLAIRE LE MAYES

And then, at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean, he bawled like a baby. It was so sweet. I’m glad I’ve found someone with a sensitive side.

DAVID VERDIN

Oh, but sweetheart, that wasn’t as amazing as the time you couldn’t find the nail-clippers, so you just chewed off the ends of your toenails. I had no idea you could even do that!

INT. TALK SHOW STUDIO #3 – STAGE – DAY

Claire and David are sitting on two chairs, a different INTERVIEWER across from them. This interview is in front of a studio audience.