A Bargain is Struck

EXT. FRONT OF THE MANSION – NIGHT

Nelson catches up to David.

NELSON

I was going to tell you, but the studio thought it would be better to get the reaction shot first.

DAVID VERDIN

Why did you think it was a good idea to bring my ex onto the show? Why?

NELSON

It makes for great television. No, wait, forget I said that. I thought you’d expect something like this. These shows always have a twist.

David doesn’t even appear to have heard Nelson.

DAVID VERDIN

And of all the exes, you chose my ex-fiancée. Tessa!

NELSON

When I called her about the show, she jumped. Said she wanted a second chance.

DAVID VERDIN

Of course she jumped! She hasn’t had a part since that two-minute appearance in Killer Hamsters.

NELSON

Look, I’m sorry. But you can’t just walk off the set. You’re locked in. We have a contract, a deal. Get through this and you can pay off those bills.

David paces back and forth at the front of the mansion.

NELSON (CONT’D)

Think about it. Having your ex on the show will make ratings skyrocket. The more viewers, the more money you’ll make from the tabloids.

DAVID VERDIN

Ok, ok, I can do this. Just one night hanging around...that woman.

Nelson cringes.

NELSON

Actually, could you keep her around until the end of the show?

DAVID VERDIN

Augh!!!

INT. MANSION – LIVING ROOM – NIGHT

The women are chattering when they hear David’s cry of anguish. They all fall silent for a moment before they start chattering again. Claire is sitting by herself in a chair while the other contestants cozy up on couches.

CONTESTANT 5

I think a spring wedding would be nice, next year. Pink flowers, pastel green bridesmaid dresses.

CONTESTANT 6

Please, pink and pastel green are so two thousand twelve. Bold colors are in now. Summer wedding, blue bridesmaid dresses, red and yellow flowers.

Claire stifles a giggle. The other contestants all turn to glare at her.

CLAIRE LE MAYES

Blue leotard? Red and yellow logo, at the same height you would hold a bouquet of flowers? Those are Superman’s colors. Your bridesmaids would look like they’re ready to “leap tall buildings in a single bound.”

The other women give her cold looks.

CLAIRE LE MAYES (CONT’D)

...or not.

Love in Realityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें