A Sleepy Confession

EXT. CALIFORNIA COUNTRYSIDE – DAY

David sits on a huge picnic blanket, surrounded by the twelve women he's wooing now. They're eating out of several picnic baskets, giggling at every word he says. He's eating it up. He looks over, and Claire is sitting on the edge of the blanket. Ignoring the women around him, he gets up, and offers Claire his hand. She takes it, and they walk off together, talking.

INT. MANSION – FRONT ROOM – DAY

David stands with John and the tray of doilies.

DAVID VERDIN
Claire.

EXT. BEACH – DAY

There are nine women now, playing beach volleyball with David. Claire and David are on the same team, Elizabeth is on the other team. Elizabeth strikes the ball hard and Claire ducks out of the way. David takes a time-out to walk over to Claire and show her how to hold her hands. The next ball that Elizabeth tries to send her way, Claire hits it back over and they score. Claire and David high five.

INT. MANSION – FRONT ROOM – NIGHT

David again stands with John and the heart doilies.

DAVID VERDIN
Claire.

EXT. AMUSEMENT PARK – DAY

David is on a rollercoaster with Tessa, looking terrified. It’s hard to tell what frightens him more – sitting next to Tessa or being on a rollercoaster. When they get off, the other women are waiting for them – down to six now. Claire is holding two pieces of cotton candy. She gives one to David, he puts his arm around her.

INT. MANSION – FRONT ROOM – NIGHT

David again stands with John and the heart doilies.

DAVID VERDIN
Claire.

CUT TO:

INT. MANSION – FRONT ROOM – ANOTHER NIGHT

DAVID VERDIN
Claire.

CUT TO:

INT. MANSION – FRONT ROOM – ANOTHER NIGHT

DAVID VERDIN
Claire.

INT. MANSION – ENTRYWAY – NIGHT

The host, John, stands in front of the camera.

JOHN
We’ve gone on a very long journey these past weeks, starting out with twenty beautiful, voluptuous women, and paring them down to the final two. Which one will David pick? Will it be Claire, or will it be Tessa? This week, The Man of Your Dreams takes each out on a romantic one-on-one date.

INT. LIMOUSINE – SUNSET

David and Nelson sit together. The driver’s window is closed and there is no cameraman yet. The limo is moving.

NELSON
Hang in there, just a few more days, we wrap, and you can head home.

DAVID VERDIN
(far away, looking out the window)
Yeah.

NELSON
We’ll have to edit some of your footage with Tessa, but I think we can make it look like you still want her.

David looks back at Nelson, as if finally hearing him.

DAVID VERDIN
Nelson, you really are a miracle worker.

NELSON
I know.