"So Ari must be on her way, huh?" He rests his hand on my shoulder in question.

"Yeah, she's about to be here. I've just missed her so much." I tear up a little as he brings me into a hug.

"Who hasn't? She always puts the biggest smile on everyone's face but mostly yours. Yours is different though and I believe that you should make a move sooner or later because I know that she's been in love with you too for a while, angel. I've seen it in her eyes for years but I didn't want you to get hurt." He smiles gently as he holds me in his embrace speaking into my ear gently due to the entire neighborhood being at my parents house for their cookout.

"Dad...oh my god." I roll my eyes as I pull away from his embrace and smack his arm.

"Ow, what?" He laughs and holds his bicep where I smacked it.

"I'm not used to you being this nice. Jesus, what happened?" I say sarcasm dipping in my voice.

"Well she means so much to you and to your mom and I. Joan and Frankie too I guess." He rolls his eyes, before chuckling again and smiling before leaving you by yourself waiting for Ariana.

// 25 minutes later //

"Ariana! My baby! About time you made it back to Boca!" My mother screams throughout the backyard making me quickly turn and see my angel in the corner now conversing with my mother and her friends.

I grin and walk over to them putting my finger up to my lips for them not to say anything as I sneak behind Ariana. I snake my arms around her waist, pulling her tightly into me.

"Hey babygirl." I whisper in her ear as I lay my head in her neck, breathing in her sweet scent.

"You girls are just the cutest!" My mother says making me pull my head from Ariana's neck and grin at her from ear to ear.

Ariana turns around in my arms, smiling at me and pulling me into the most bone crushing hug I've ever received. I run my hands over the bare smooth skin of her sides, moving to her lower back. I noticed the tiny tube top and baggy mom jeans she was sporting.

"I've missed you so fucking much, y/n.." She shivers and whispers into my ear as she feels my hands run all over her body in front of everyone.

I am not ashamed of my love for her and no one really cares about us because they all love and respect the both of us. The apparent sexual tension that was currently happening between us became thicker than Ariana's bank account.

"Come with me." I pull away from her and reach for her hand.

She intertwines our fingers and her dimples make themselves known as we both get lost in each other's eyes.

God, I'm in love. I need to snap out of it.

We both tear our eyes from each other as we excuse ourselves from the group. My grip on her hand tightens as I lead us down the handmade trail that my dad and I built on the way to our private and secluded lake. Both of us in comfortable silence as we get closer to the pier.

I walk out with her on the pier before she stops us abruptly and pulls me into another tight hug before pulling away slightly, still in my embrace. She looks up at me grinning hard.

"I'm soooooo glad your home, love." I tell her truthfully, caressing her cheek with my hand. She places her hand mine over mine against her cheek as she blushes hard.

"Me too. I'm so tired and ready for my cuddles later." I swear my heart did twelve backflips in awe of what she just said. I notice a strand of her hair out of place and I tuck it behind her ear before capturing her luring gaze.

"Of course, that's all you want." I roll my eyes at her and she scoffs at me playfully pushing me into the water.

"Oh you're gonna get it, Grande!" I yell as I hoist myself out of the lake and back onto the pier picking her up in my arms.

"Y/N! Please my makeup is done and my hair!" She squeals and squirms trying to get out of my arms. She quickly kicks her heals off knowing what I was about to do.

I jump into the lake while holding her securely in my arms. As soon as we resurface she splashes water in my face, and has the bitchiest look on her face.

"Bitch!" She whines at me and crosses her arms.

"Hey! You started it, princess!" You wink at her and pull her into you by her hips.

She pokes her bottom lip out in a pout, making you scream internally.

"You're so fucking cute. Stop pouting before I do something about it." I smirk and narrow my eyes at her silently begging her to try me.

"What are you going to do about it?" She fires back, smirking at me.

"Hm..." I pull her even closer, my arms locking behind her back. My lips ghost over hers slightly as I whisper, "I may have a few ideas..."

Her gaze is lost in mine as I feel her heart rate pick up significantly, her breathing altered as I lick my lips to wet them. Her eyes trace the movement of my tongue on my lips almost as if she's ready to pounce on me any minute.

I take the opportunity and place my lips delicately on hers as she almost immediately kisses me back. She wraps her arms around my neck. Our lips move together in synchronization as I pick her up by the backs of her thighs, leaving them there while wrapping her legs around my waist.

My tongue licks her bottom lip asking for an entrance. She opens her mouth a bit allowing my tongue to meet hers as we make out passionately.

Is this 2016 again?

My hands slide up from her thighs as I grip her ass tightly with my fingertips and she moans loudly in mouth. I pull away slowly before immediately attaching my lips to her neck, licking in small circles while sucking on the same spot. I taste the hint of salt on her skin due to the salt water that surrounded us.

She whines and moans my name as she grips my hair in her hands tugging me closer to her neck.

"Fuck..." She whimpers out when my sucking turns to soft nibbling against her smooth warm skin.

I soon release her neck from my lips as I trail a line of kisses up her neck, jawline, and cheek until I reach her lips. I playfully peck her lips and let her down and back into the water.

"W...what? I...Y/N...you can't just leave me like this." Ariana whines again in part shock and sexual frustration with her mouth wide open still trying to process all that just happened.

"Who said I was leaving you, baby?" I smirk at her before holding out my hand for her to take.

Her mouth widens even more in shock but is quickly replaced with the same smirk as she nods and takes my hand following me back to the shore.

"What was that?" She quietly asks as we make our way back to my parents house.

"Come to my room and find out." I smile to myself knowing I chose the right time to make a move on my best friend.