One

Verse 1

Sanjay Mehta waited patiently before the operation theatre.

Time and again, staffs, fellow anxious family members, nurses, even doctors who passed by, requested for selfies with him.

Though not in a tinge bit of elation, he could never say no to his fans. He was instead, forever grateful to them for gifting him everything he possesed today. Name, fame, stardom, and most importantly.... love.

He thus, smiled, and posed for them.

And grew equally anguished again, when they walked away, trying to get a sight into the OT complex through the flickering doors.

His mother was undergoing a cholesystecomy. Everything was under control. He had admitted her into the best hospital in town, had assured every proceeding that could make it the least painful for her. Yet, like every child to a parent, he stood anxiously before the operation theatre.
As meekly as everyone else did, whose loved ones lay inside, dressed in green, on trolleys, to be dissected anytime soon. No stardom worked, in this hour of utmost anxiety.

His phone buzzed.
He grumped at the name. It was his nagging manager again.

" Rohan, I told you in the morning, I'll be there at the Drug Abuse seminar within six thirty. Why don't you understand when I say it once? "
He dropped the call immediately.

The door to the OT complex was pushed open from the inside. Creating a slight buzz in the corridor.

A lady, in blue uniform, walked  towards him.

" Mr Sanjay Mehta? "

" Yes... " , he straightened.

" Actually, I need...your mother's...  reports... to the recently done... thyroid function tests. Somehow, I don't find... them in the..... "

The lady did not finish.

Because, in a flash of second, causing a roll in the corridor, she collapsed on the ground, before his eyes.

Sanjay was so extremely stunned at the suddenness of the incident, that he stood like a stone, while others ran in for help.

A group of ward boys rushed in and pulled the unconscious doctor up on a trolley. While, other people dressed in similar blue uniforms walked out of the OT complex.

Sanjay stared at them, horrified. They checked on her pulse and spoke within themselves.

Sanjay's inquisitive self could gather a little. And whatever he heard, left him utterly shocked.

She was taken inside the OT complex. While the two doctors stood outside, mumbling within themselves.

Sanjay walked towards them.
" Excuse me Sir, I think she was asking for my mom's reports. It's Ragini Mehta... "

" Oh yeah, the thyroid profiles. " , one of them smiled.

Sanjay handed him the reports. And then, unable to contain his query, asked,
" What did.. exactly... happen to her? "

The two exchanged looks, and uttered almost together,
" Hypoglycemia, it is. "

Sanjay nodded silently. They walked back inside the OT complex.

However, he knew they had lied.

Because he had definitely heard them say something else while they checked on her.

Something in the lines of...
" She'll soon be in big trouble, if she doesn't stop abusing anesthetics.
I'm tired of warning her time and again. " " So am I. "