Chapter 24 - the "Lisa"

Start from the beginning

Then I heard footsteps approaching us, and I was saved.

"Rosé, we have to go" Leon said.

I stepped forward and gave Jeongkook a hug. I could feel that he was suffering. His heartbeat was so fast at that time as I rested the side of my face against his chest, praying for his fresh wound to be easy on him. All he ever done was loving someone, and that someone couldn't love him back.

"Be happy for me, Kookie"

Jeongkook didn't give me any response. I wasn't hoping for one either. I was already at the stage of not listening to anybody. I heard them but I would forget later on. The reason was I got so nervous to come back to Korea after so long. And of course, because I was anxious, yet excited to meet Melissa after all these years.

I walked together with Leon as he put his arm around my shoulder, guiding me back to the place we gathered earlier. I thought we were supposed to be rushing but his walk was slow and steady. I was about to ask him if we already had to get in the immigration section, but his phone rang.

"Do you know how many times I called you?!"

He answered the call straight away, talking that way without a hello or any salutation. He sounded pretty mad.

"We are going in now" He paused, probably listening to call. "You better be there at the airport when we arrive"

Leon sounded like there was something bothering his mind, worrying about our arrival in Seoul later.

"You can ask your executive to attend the meeting, Lisa!"

I knew now who he had been calling and never got answered earlier. He was trying to reach his sister but only got his chance after a thousand calls I guessed. A softer hand wrapped around my forearm after, catching my attention instantly since I recognised whose grip was that. It was definitely Jisoo's.

"Are you kidding me right now?! Li-" Leon didn't get to finish her name. "Hello?! Lisa?!" His voice went louder, grunting. "Hang up on me! She always does this!"

He projected his frustration. Well, he should be. He had been trying to call her for hours but only managed to talk for not more than a minute. That was how much time Melissa willed to spend for a call to her brother, someone who was on his way to bring her soon to be wife.

"She is a pain in the ass! You better have enough patience, Rosé, or else you will get high blood pressure like me"

I could only smile to that. I had heard stories about her, mostly bad ones. But since Leon was with me, I started to hear even more. Still, I didn't let those bad impressions towards Melissa destroyed my excitement. I was nervous, yes. But I didn't want anyone to scare me with these stories about how bad she had been. I would need to meet her first, only then I would drop my judgement.

As for the time being, she was still the same Melissa I bear in mind 10 years ago until our meeting soon proved me wrong.

"Take care of yourself, okay?" Jisoo's voice woke me.

"It's only for 2 weeks," I said playfully to make her feel better. "You take care too" I gave her one last hug that felt like I would be away longer than I should be. "Thank you, Jisoo"

"I'll visit your mum after work for you"

I nodded against her shoulder and I finally made my way in, leaving Sydney with love and hopes.

That almost eleven hours of flight time finally ended. The flight was smooth and comfortable since I had never flown in business class in my entire life. I had a good sleep, good food on board and freshened myself up before landing. I even put a perfume that I had stopped wearing ever since I left Seoul, thinking that Melissa might love it, because she used to.