The Joys of Being Lonely

Song: Fix You by Coldplay 

Shout out to: @Ritsi4479 for that awesome comment you left in the last chapter. Yes, Alexander does surely deserves to be lonely. He's learning though. 

Alexander

Things have been going well. I guess. I have been busy with work I haven't really thought about Willa except for when I had those quiet times. Things have been busy though. I have talked to Ethan about the business and I have been trying to get the job to be steady like it was before the whole situation happened. It's been good though. The job has been a good distraction from everything. But getting home after everything to the lonely nights just makes me think back to Willa and how much I want to visit her. It just makes me want to call her parents and asks her what has been going on. I have almost driven to their house because I just want to know how Willa has been and if she has improved at all with her memory. But I know she needs her space and I know that I can't do anything to really speed up her memory. I just wish I could see her though. 

It seems like the news has backed off just a bit, there have been only a few other people out there still wondering what has happened. But I just want to keep Willa private. And so I have been busy with work and just catching up on everything. It is good I am good going deep into work because there has been a lot of things that I had to catch up since the incident. I have been to a lot of business meetings and phone calls. It feels like the old days. And then later on in the month, I have to attend a business party which I guess will be fun but I doubt I will enjoy it cause business is business. At least I won't be the one setting up the party. 

Today has been like any other day. It has been raining a lot though which has put a dampened mood on me. But it has been a busy day overall, doing a lot of work and going over everything. I am so happy that I have a personal assistant to help me with everything as well as bring me my coffee that I always need from the coffee shop that I now go to all the time now. The coffee is good. Sitting at my desk, it has been a bit relaxing, the big windows in y office showing off the dull city that is covered in rain. Willa, in these types of days, would love this weather. It always confused me because rain makes everyone feel down but with her, it makes her feel so much happier. It only makes me wonder what she is doing now in this type of weather. 

Checking my watch, I sigh, feeling a bit too tired to continue. It seems like there was anything important for me to do today. I did finish all the important work, only needing to check the employees and to see they are also doing their job. As the boss, I do have to check in on the new employees and also on the other employees that take care of sensitive info. I decided that it was time for me to head home and decided to get dinner. I don't get take out a lot since I do have my own chef that cooks but since I have been working a lot, there hasn't been a lot of need for that chef. The chef was only handy when Elizabeth was living with me because she was always home and since she was always busy while at home, she wouldn't have time to cook dinner. Now that I am living alone though, I haven't had the time to even stay at home and eat dinner since I get home so late although the chef is a 24/7. I can remember Willa not liking having a chef around because she prefers her own homemade food and she knows how she likes her food cooked so it was just better for her to cook it. 

Leaving the office, I told my assistant to just put all my phone calls scheduled for tomorrow and just to take care of some of the work.  I left the main building and drove off in my car. I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat. I didn't want to dine in a restaurant cause it is just too much of a hassle and I didn't want to wait too long to get food from a fancy restaurant. And so I just decided to drive around until I found something that looked interesting and has the option of take-out. It was a bit dark so I know that some stores won't be open plus it is raining. Then I saw a small place that looked only a bit busy but also cozy similar to the coffee shop plus it has fast take-out which made me already decide that it was a place for me.  And so I parked my car and headed inside the place.