Maybe I Should Start From The End

Eva POV

Since Landon was in trouble, Hope and I decided to go find him. The only problem is, Alaric is pissed at us.

"So, we're sneaking out?" I asked quietly as we walked towards the doors of the school.

"Yep." Hope said with a smirk.

"Hot." I replied with an identical smirk.

Hope giggled and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss. She pulled away and grabbed my hand as we continued to leave.

"Going somewhere?" Alaric asked from behind us and we both stopped in our tracks. "Better questions, where the hell do you think you're going with my keys and without telling me?"

Hope and I were caught, there was no way we could get out of this.

"Um, you know, we just said some really harsh things to you yesterday, and so I thought it'd be a good idea to get you an oil change as a peace offering." Hope tried to lie her way out of this. Alaric looked unconvinced and I face palmed.

"At three AM?" He asked with raised eyebrows. "Hope, neither of you have a driver's license, you were gonna commit grand theft auto, which is a felony, you're ditching school right before the midterm exams begin, and you've made it very clear to me that you see me as an authority figure and nothing more. So tell me, why shouldn't I suspend you this very second?" He asked us angrily. I wrapped an arm around her waist instinctively. Then he looked down at Hope's glowing wrist. "And what is that?"

"It's basically a supernatural compass." Hope said, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I hope it's pointing you to your room because that's where you're going." He said. I guess if we have to stay, we could still have fun in her room. I took Hope's hand. "To your separate rooms. Don't think that I don't know about all of the nights you've been spending in each other's dorms." He told us with a stern look, noticing our joined hands.

Hope groaned and gripped my hand tighter."We're going after Landon. If this thing is glowing, that means that he's in trouble." She said with a look that said, 'try me'.

"Then we're all going, and I'm driving." Alaric said, grabbing the keys from Hope and pushing passed us.

We all got into Alaric's car and started the drive. I immediately passed out.

----

When I woke up, Alaric was teaching and Hope was leaning her head on the window and she looked pissed. I put my hand on her shoulder from my seat in the back. She jumped slightly but relaxed when she realized that it was me. She smiled slightly and kissed my hand.

"Indiana. Crossroads of America. What's the capital?" He asked and Hope groaned.

"We learned that in, like, eighth grade." She complained but Alaric expression stayed the same.

"Oh, good, then you should know it." He said and she rolled her eyes.

"I didn't say I absorbed the information." Hope snarked.

"Yeah, well, you're not saying much of anything. Look, if you can't handle grade school geography you're gonna flunk all your exams." Alaric said to her and she groaned again. He then looked at me in the mirror. "You too Eva."

"Are Lizzie and Josie studying? Maybe you should focus on them." Hope asked and he sighed.

"Yeah, well, they're still in Europe with Caroline, thank God." He told us.

"Religion has no place in the classroom, Dr.
Saltzman. The Supreme Court made sure of that with its ruling on Engel v. Vitale." Hope said, showing off how intelligent she is. Damn, she never ceases to amaze me."And Indianapolis is the capital of Indiana. I'm getting an A in geography. Chill." She said, shutting him up. Her bracelet then started to move. "Take the next left. He's on the move."