Chapter 9

Marinette ditched her remaining classes. She knew it's a bad thing to do and her parents had grounded her before for doing it, but she has no choice. She knows she'll just get annoyed at Kagami if she won't.

After finding a private place, Marinette immediately transformed. She couldn't risk roaming around as Marinette – her parents will probably notice her. She still doesn't want to be grounded as much as possible.

After transforming, she started roaming around Paris. To be honest, she doesn't have anything in mind that she can do. The only thing she knows is she doesn't want to go back to their school.

After hours of just roaming around, Ladybug decided to stop and just sit at one of the benches at the park. She's actually tired.

"Look out!"

"Where is Ladybug and Cat Noir? We need them!"

"Mommyyyy!"

Ladybug immediately stood up upon hearing the noises. Just by the sound of it, she already knew someone's in trouble.

(A/N: Once again, you'll be witnessing another lame action scene. Sorry.)

Ladybug immediately run to where the noises are coming from. She immediately run and took the little girl who's being chased by a creepy-looking doll who has the same height as her. Even Ladybug got creeped out of its look.

"Stay here," she instructed the little girl as she places her at a safe place.

She, then, came back to where the villain is. Judging by its action, its power is control people's mind and she's doing it by throwing them a pacifier.

"Who are you?" Ladybug asked. She couldn't belive someone has been akumatized again.

The villain threw a pacifier at her which she hardly dodged but still did. The villain's pretty fast, and it'll be hard for Ladybug if Cat Noir doesn't show up soon.

"I'm Dolella, your greatest nightmare," the villain answered, her voice really creepy.

Ladybug eyed her, trying to figure out where the akuma is.

"What the – " she exclaimed when she almost got hit by a pacifier.

She fought back. She tried dodging all the pacifiers until she got tired and collapsed on the floor. Her back hurts as she collapsed to the ground. She stood up. She knew she shouldn't give up.

"Where are you, Cat Noir?" she whispered under her breath, sending him a message.

"Give up now, Ladybug! Give me your miraculous. Your prince charming isn't coming to help you," Dolella said, letting out an evil laugh.

Ladybug glared at her, trying to grab her hands with her yoyo but Dolellla just pulled it, slamming Ladybug's body to the ground.

"Ouch..." she groaned, trying to stand up.

"Give up now, Ladybug."

"No," she shook her head. She finally succeeded on standing up and immediately yelled, "Lucky Charm!"

She was given a big, red double-sided tape. She couldn't help but frown. Sometimes, she doubts that her power is really lucky charm because of the weird things it gives to her.

Marinette looked around for a plan and dodges the pacifier Dolella keeps aiming on her.

After a minute, she ran past Dolella until she reached the wall. She started sticking the double-sided tape at the whole wall, and when she finally did, she pulled Dolella – who's busy targetting another person – towards the wall. Dolella instantly got stuck at the wall.

"Let me go, you freak!" Dolella yelled but Ladybug just took her head band – where the akuma is – and destroyed it with a large stone. It would have been easier if Cat Noir is here, but he wasn't.

When the akuma finally got out, Marinette judt deevilized it. She collapsed at the ground again after yelling "Miraculous Ladybug." She's just to exhausted.

Alexa – the girl who has been akumatized – immediately rushed to her side.

"Are you okay, Ladybug? I'm sorry for what I did when I was akumatized," she said.

Ladybug nodded. "Yeah, can you help me up?"

Alexa nodded before offering her her hands. Ladybug immediately accepted it and thanked her before rushing her way to one of the bushes. She finally transformed back.

"Are you okay, Marinette?" Tikki worriedly asked as they carefully walked away from the park.

"Yes. Just tired. Cat didn't show up," she said, sounding so down.

"It's okay, Marinette! Just visit him," Tikki suggested.

Marinette nodded, "I will."

Marinette started walking. She decided to visit Adrien at his fencing class.

Her mood lighten up a bit by the thought of seeing him, but it instantly went down again after seeing Adrien with Kagami – laughing about something.

"So she's the reason why Cat Noir didn't show up," Marinette whispered, her voice cracking.

–––

Edited: June 9, 2020