1. Life After Death

If you search up the meaning of death online, one of the definitions you get is "the end of life." I always wondered about life after death; would it be an endless abyss? A journey to the light? Heaven? Hell?

It's not the same for everyone, and it definitely wasn't like any of that to me.

-

Dear mom, dad,

When you read this, I probably have passed away. Don't worry about me, I knew this was coming for a long time. An unknown chronic disease isn't something that can easily be cured anyways haha. Please, be happy. I'm in a better place now, I'm probably happier here than when I was in pain every single day in that hospital bed.

I love you guys.

Sincerely, Hope.

-

"Haruto-sama, please be careful!"

"I'll be fine, Zakura! I need to get out of the office, I feel like I'm getting sick."

"Mother, I know how much you want to walk around, but please be careful. You're going to give birth any day now."

"Not you too, Izana!"

Queen Haruto Wistaria pushed her way out of her office and into the refreshing outdoors where she can get away from all the paperwork lying on her desk. Her retainer, Zakura, and her oldest son, Izana, were watching over her as she walked around the garden.

"Mother!"

She turned and saw her youngest son, Zen, run towards her. He had a big smile on his face as he spotted her big stomach.

"How is she doing?" He asked, carefully placing a hand on her belly.

"She's been really restless this week," sighed Haruto, rubbing her belly in attempt to soothe the baby inside. "I think she'll be coming out soon, ready to become my first little princess."

Zen grinned. "I can't wait!"

-

"Just a little more, Haruto-sama! Push!"

Haruto gave one final push, screaming at the force and felt the pressure ease. She collapsed and breathed heavily as the nurses attended to the crying, little baby girl. After a couple of minutes, they handed her the baby wrapped in a white blanket. Haruto smiled, pressing her lips to the small head.

"Aki."

-

"Garack-dono."

The Head Pharmacist looked down to see Princess Aki holding a book in her hands. At a closer look, she realized it was a book on medicine.

"Yes, your highness?"

The six year old opened the book to a specific page and pointed at a plant. "What plant is this? And why does it have healing abilities when it can cause paralysis if burned?"

"Oh? Are you interested in medicine, Aki-sama?"

Aki looked down and her face went red for a short moment as she nodded. Her silver hair cascaded past her face; she pushed it back as she looked back up at Garack.

"Please teach me."

-

"Kiki-dono."

The heir of Seiran turned and smiled as she spotted the young Princess. A night ball was currently happening at the castle and Kiki had escaped the bustle for some silence on the balcony.