The Viper Vs The Mountain

Amara's POV

I saw Jaime walking towards the place where the trial by combat would be taking place . I needed to know who was representing Tyrion In combat .

"Jaime ?"

Jaime looked my way before saying

"Oberyn Martell that's who's representing him"

"Oberyn ? Why Oberyn?"

"He wants to kill the mountain"

"He's going to fail and you know it"

Jaime didn't reply but his facial expression gave away that he knew I was right . I then continued

"Come on . We best get there"

****************

I watched from the sides as Lannister guards escorted Tyrion to watch what most likely is the cause of his demise .

My eyes landed on Oberyn Martell who seemed to be just drinking and talking to his wife . Why was he drinking before going to fight ? And it's not just any fight his against the mountain . Also not to mention he was wearing extremely light armour nothing that would provide much protection .

Then there stood The Mountain who was covered in heavy armour from head to toe and wielding a great big sword .

I glanced towards Cersei who wore a satisfied smirk across her face , I frowned at this not finding it satisfying in the slightest .

In all honesty I thought Oberyn needed to lower his confidence and stop been so sure he would win as anyone with eyes and a brain could see his chances were slim .

Maester Pycelle then announced a rather long speech saying how the gods shall favour the innocent . However I disagreed I did not think the gods would favour the innocent .

The trial then commences . I watched as Oberyn got the mountain down on the floor by stabbing him with his spear . I raised my eyebrows in shock that Oberyn could win this if he striked at the mountain now before the mountain gained any possible strength back .

"ADMIT IT .... YOU RAPED HER , YOU MURDERED HER AND YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN"

The mountain however was not admitting it and i don't think he was planning to admit this whilst Oberyn murdered him . My silent advice to Oberyn was to kill the mountain now for Tyrion's sake because as Tyrion's friend i wanted him to live and be free .

"YOU RAPED HER , YOU MURDERED HER AND YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN , SAY IT"

Oberyn then circled around the mountain once more before the mountain grabbed hold of his foot and sat on top of him . I watched as Oberyn's teeth rolled across the ground alongside a splatter of blood after the mountain punched him in the face .

"Yes i admit . I raped her , i murdered her AND I KILLED HER CHILDREN"

The screams of Oberyn came to a end once his head exploded across the ground . The bloodcurdling screams of Ellaria Sand filled the area as she watched her love get brutally murdered .

However i feared for Tyrion as this now meant he was found guilty for Joffrey's murder which i still stood by the fact that both Tyrion and Sansa was innocent .

I looked at Cersei who appeared even more satisfied than earlier and i swear her smirk was more evident  . Did she really hate Tyrion that much ? I knew deep down she knew Tyrion and Sansa didn't kill Joffrey she just needed to admit it to herself .

I gave Cersei a quick pleading look to which she quickly dismissed and turned away from me .  I also shared a glance with Jaime who seemed to be thinking the same as me .

*********************

The mountain was apparently dying because of Oberyn's poisoned spear this caused Cersei to allow Qyburn to save the mountain but the procedure won't make him weaker but may change him .

What could it possibly mean by change the mountain ? His already a monster I don't know how it was possible to make him worse .

News got to me the next day that Tyrion had escaped but murdered both Tywin Lannister and Shae as a result before getting away .

However unlike Joffrey's death I do believe this to be true it only made sense after recent events .

I arrived at Cersei's chambers and too my surprise the guards let me in .

"Cersei ?

"Amara it's all going wrong all of it . First Joffrey now my father and all I can do is sit here and watch the people I care about die . For all I know next could be you , Tommen or Myrcella"

I engulfed her in a hug .

"There's no need to worry about me besides you would be able to move on"

"What ? No I wouldn't i love you Amara and nothing is going to change that"

"I love you too and I know how it feels watching your loved ones get ripped away from you and not been able to put a stop to it"

"I'm sorry my family has a part to play in your family been ripped apart"

"You're right they do but not you"

*****************

Cersei and I was later confronted my Cersei's cousin Lancel Lannister who explained how he had found 'peace' in the light of the seven and how Cersei could too after her and Lancel's unnatural behavior .

Once Lancel had gone back most likely to the Sparrows I said to Cersei with a frown

"Your cousin too?"

"I needed him to do something for me"

"Like what ?"

"Give Robert the wine"

"You killed Robert?"

"Yes he was useless"

I felt pain at these words as I knew a couple of days before Robert's death was when Cersei told me she loved me .

"So you fucked Lancel around the same time as declaring your love for me?"

"No Lancel and I planned Robert's death before you and I met"

I nodded in understanding because Robert truly was useless however at the same time I guess he was the only thing preventing Westeros from breaking out into a war which it did after Robert's death . I then said what had been bothering me

"However I think the whole light of the seven is bullshit"

"What do you mean ?"

"Well I don't think it will truly help someone find peace or cleanse themselves"

"I agree with that Amara"