Still not knowing what to write next he took another hit of his blunt and sighed.

"August?" He heard a small voice say from behind him, quickly shutting  the notepad he turned his head. Summer leaned against the glass patio door rubbing the sides of her arms. "It's cold out out here come inside."

"Watchu' doin up?" He asked dismissing her request.

"What are you doing up" She asked right back.

He took another pull from his blunt chucking "Touché"

Planting her bare feet on the patio floor she quickly walked over to August and sat on his lap. "Go inside you barely got any clothes on'"

"I'll go inside when you're ready" She said "Can I?" She looked over at the blunt that was about halfway through.

He nodded placing it in between her fingertips. The two sat in silence as Summer finished the small blunt off. She just wanted to get a small buzz so she could fall back asleep easy. August took the now roach from Summer and ashed it out on the ground then the two made their way back into the room.

August took his spot back on the bed feeling a lot more relaxed and got under the covers. Summer stopped at the bathroom to relieve herself, washed her hands and then put her hair into a low bun.  Once she was through she yawned tiredly and made her way back to the bed.

She slowly crawled on feeling the effects of the weed finally hit her system. "You straight?" August asked weirdly looking at Summer who was on her hands and knees in one spot.

"Oh shit" She sniffed "I got stuck"

"You silly man' you ain't een dat high"

"I knooow"She pouted.

He grabbed her by her waist and laid her body on top of his. She laid her head back on his chest and swung her leg over his torso. "Night" She yawned again, letting her fingers trace the tattoos on his chest while her eyes slowly closed.

"Night love" He lazily said before falling asleep himself.

••

The next morning Summer woke up in the bed alone she sat up and looked around before stretching her back and arms "August?" She called out, when she got no response she swung her legs over the bed planting her feet on the plush carpet before standing up.

She entered the bathroom to pee and take care of the rest of her standard hygiene. Now that she felt more awake she left his bedroom and looked in the living room and kitchen to see if he was there.

Not finding him she walked back into the bedroom to grab her phone. As soon as she unlocked it August's deep voice alarmed her.

"Whatchu doin?"He asked from behind her