10. 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝘿𝙖𝙮 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙢

Start from the beginning

Imelda rubbed the side of her neck. "Yeah. Yeah you can be. I'll have someone come pick you up in twenty minutes and please, don't drink from them."

Imelda hung up and called Henry. With quick orders to pick up some notebooks and pens and go get Rebekah, Imelda was wondering what the hell she was doing.

It was clear everyone in Mystic Falls hated Klaus, and after learning from Stefan what all Klaus did, she couldn't blame anyone. On the other hand, Imelda figured Klaus was just lonely and that's why he was being a huge dick.

His sister, Rebekah, had unintentionally became someone Imelda sided with and wanted to help, despite her blindly biting her. If anything, Rebekah coming to school and playing human would help Imelda forget her current list of issues and maybe that's what they both needed.

Imelda left the classroom and headed for the front office, coming to a stop when she saw Caroline already hanging flyers and Elena joining her. Imelda found her feet carrying her toward them.

"The bonfire's still a thing?" Imelda asked, watching as Caroline lit up like the sun and handed her a flyer.

"Of course it's a thing, silly!" Caroline was happy someone was invested in it, even if she didn't understand Imelda's actual tone. "It's the first spirit squad event."

"Are you going?" Elena smiled, watching Imelda. The girl seemed to appear whenever Elena needed someone, not that she had ever realized it.

Imelda shrugged. "Bonfires, parties, they were never my thing. But if you're going then yeah, I guess I'll get dragged along by dick Stefan."

Elena found herself laughing as Caroline looked confused. "What's going on?" Caroline looked lost.

"Stefan was ordered by Klaus to look after me and Elena." Imelda jerked her thumb back to Thomas. "Thomas is supposed to take care of me when Stefan can't. I don't know why and honestly, I've got enough questions as it is."

Elena wrapped her arm around Imelda's shoulders and Caroline smiled. "All the more reason to go to the bonfire." Both girls grinned but Imelda scowled at their upbeat nature.

"Anyway, I got to go." Imelda left them. "See you in class!"

To her surprise, she felt like a normal girl shouting at her friends as she left. That wasn't the case but Iris's voice coming back and telling her she needed them, gave her the feeling that just maybe Iris was right. Maybe Imelda did need friends.

"Imelda! Why are you wearing black and white?" Those were the first words Rebekah spouted upon meeting Imelda at the front office.

Imelda sighed heavily. "I'm starting to think you and Iris were the twins." She didn't answer the blonde, rather helped her get the same schedule as her and then dragged her off, Thomas following dutifully behind them.

"History?" Rebekah wrinkled her nose. "Why do we need history when I lived through it?" Her arm was looped with the shorter girls' as they walked down empty hallways.

"Your the lucky one." Imelda quipped. "But you have to pretend you're a seventeen year old senior. It'll be easy." She assured her.

They reached Ric's classroom, the door was open and Imelda could already hear Ric starting the lesson. Thomas stood beside the door and Rebekah sauntered in, dragging Imelda alongside her.

"What about the Vikings?" Rebekah asked innocently, causing everyone to stare at her. Ric glanced at her before looking worriedly at Imelda.

"There's no evidence that Viking explorers actually settled in the United States." Ric cleared his throat. "Who are you?"