Chapter Two: We Are The Champions

Start from the beginning

As Big Bird raises his axe for the finishing blow, a female voice from beside Dan calls out. "Hro! Enough!" Big Bird and Dan turn to see it's the birdwoman the ghost freed.

"Hoe?" He mutters to himself, wondering if he heard her correctly. Big Bird's gaze ignores Dan and goes straught to birdwoman. The traitorous Leaguer walks toward Big Bird, until they are inches apart.

"The fight's over. You're a soldier, not a murderer."

Big Bird pauses for a moment, then delivers a vicious backhand, sending her to the ground. Dan doesn't even flinch since he was expecting it.

"I'm a fool!" he shouts, "For ever loving you!" The ghost sighs, over the soap opera and flies at Big Bird, tackling him to the ground. He pins his wings down with his knees and let's loose a flurry of punches. Big Bird blocks with his left then uses his right to swing blindly with his axe and hits Dan on the side of his head with the bluntside. The force is strong enough to throw the ghost off the bird. Big Bird rolls onto his knees but before he can stand, he's sucker punched in his left side and is sent rolling towards a wall. He crashes with a sick 'thwack' sound and his right wing bends in a weird way with a snapping sound. He lets loose a pained hiss and clumsily stands while bracing himself against the wall.

"Who... what are you?" He inquires in a deep raspy voice. The air had been pushed from his lungs from the surprisingly strong hit. Dan smirks like a hungry animal and his red eyes twinkle with sadistic enjoyment.

"I'm the last thing you're going to see." Dan replies evenly before flashing his sharp fangs. He then turns to the two who are just watching with wide eyes. "Stop acting like Magikarp and shut the fucking shield off already, dipshits!" He orders which gets their butts in gear. Dan's head snaps forward when he hears a battle cry as Big Bird rushes forward. The ghost is hit right in his left temple and his head swivels to the left while his vision blurs for a second. He collects himself for a fraction of a second before being uppercutted and sent stumbling backwards.

Dan shakes his head and straightens his posture as he faces the angry bird head on with narrowed burning red eyes. His pupils are tiny slits-like a snake's. Speaking of snakes, his forked tongue slips out from his lips and is covered in blood from biting it by accident because of the uppercut. His pissed scowl slowly twists upward as he rushes forward, his pupils going from slits to blown wide from adrenaline. He was excited. For the first time in a long time. With a powerful roar, Dan lights up his fists with baby blue ectoplasmic fire and starts pummeling Big Bird. It didn't take long until Big Bird was on the floor, bloody, burnt in some places, and broken. With swelling eyes that showed promise of ugly bruises, he looks up at Dan.

"Well," he croaks, "aren't you going to finish me?" Dan smirks and readies himself to do just that but as he takes a step forward, a mind splitting headache forces him to his knees as Clockwork's voice shouts in his mind. 'NO KILLING!!!'. The ghost let's out a long groan before collecting himself and standing up, nursing a throbbing head. Big Bird hacks a cackle. "What? Too afraid to bloody those silky white gloves?"

Dan growls animalistically. The bird made it really hard to reel in the urge to kill him. "Shut. Up." He orders. Big Bird starts to laugh like a complete psychopath until Dan the not so friendly ghost kicks him in the side of the skull hard enough to knock him out but not kill him. It payed training his body to be precise. "You two done yet?" He inquires, flying over to birdwoman and Green Lantern. Dan finds that the African-Anerican male had manage to get through the shields of the control but was struggling to push down the lever. That is until the winged woman place her hand over his, and adding her strength to his own. Together, they deactivate the shields around the bypass. The ghost rolls his eyes. "Fucking finally."