Chapter Two: We Are The Champions

Dan stops his breakneck speed when a fleet of fighter crafts come between him and the flagship. Wonder Woman comes to a stop beside him and glares at their opponents.

"Pretty bad odds." Wonder Woman comments. Dan scoffs.

"For you, maybe. I can handle these pricks by myself." Dan sneers and earns himself a sharp glare from the warrior woman.

"Knock yourself out." Green Lantern calls as he arrives after Superman. The big boy scout looks at Dan with worry. Dan smirks wickedly as his hands alight with green energy.

"My pleasure." He purrs in a low voice. He waves his hands together and the fighter crafts pull together into a massive pile because of Dan's telekinesis. His smirk grows darker as his red eyes glint with sinister joy. From his hands a large torrent of flames explodes and disintegrates the ships all together. Too distracted by Dan's merciless display, the heroes didn't notice when Green Lantern flew ahead. The white haired man turns to face the aghast heroes with a smug expression. "What's the matter, princess? You look like you've seen a ghost," Dan mocks crudely before continuing onto the flagship with a cackle.

He creates a large hole with an ectoblast and flies in, followed by Wonder Woman and Superman. The three make quick work of the bridge officers and the only female of this group picks up a sword and strides through a door, shoulder brushing roughly against the ghost's as she passes him. He actually snarls at her, getting ready to grab and chuck her before realizing she's his 'ally'. Superman follows her, shooting Dan a wary look, but staying silent. The ghost scoffs. He looks around to make sure there are no more enemies to fight before following after the heroes.

"What happened to Glowstick?" Dan inquires, finally taking notice of his absence. 

"I assume he went ahead," Wonder Woman replies, stopping in her walk as she notices there are two different paths leading to engineering. "Take your pick, spirit." She urges, obviously wanting to go in the opposite hallway that he chooses. The ghost rolls his eyes and floats into the left hallway, hearing Wonder Woman and Superman go down the other. Not even the boy scout wanted to be near him. Dan chuckles under his breath. He is almost falling asleep with how easy to defeat the birdmen are. He pauses in his flying when he sees a barred door and peers in to find the redheaded birdwoman from before inside and behind a forcefield.

"Well if it isn't the traitor," Dan mocks, looking from her to his destination. The woman looks up at him. "Your own people don't even want you. How pathetic." She looks down with shame. He goes to leave her but when he turns his head away, from his peripheral vision, her form changes to that of a younger redhead female that he knew all too well. "Jazz?" Dan utters before he can stop himself and whirls to face her. The aberration is gone; the birdwoman in its place. Red eyes continue to bore into her while she doesn't seem to notice. With a clench of his jaw, the ghost groans. "Fuck! Ok, alright. Fine, fucking nosey old man." Dan grumbles, letting more curses loose as he punches the control console to the woman's cell. The woman looks up ag him in surprise as the forcefield is lifted.

"Why did you free me?"

"Fuck off," Dan warns, glaring at her before stalking off with angry strides. The woman exits the cell and looks at the retreating back of the broad shouldered man. She wasn't paying attention to him in the batcave but he now had her attention. She could see he trained his body. She would even admit that he was even more muscular than Superman and Batman combined. A little too muscular. Her eyes trail to an abandoned mace of the fallen hawkmen that the man had just taken care of. She shakes away the pity for her fallen brethren and follows after the angry blue-green skinned man.

👻😈👻

Dan makes it to the control room just in time to see that a much buffer birdman had just brought down the blunt part of his axe like a club across Green Lantern's forearm, shattering the bone. With a scream of pain, John fell to his knees. The birdman-who Dan's deciding to nickname Big Bird-then delivers a wicked uppercut, sending Lantern across the room where he lays still. The ghost watches the fight closely, wondering to himself if he's finally found a worthy opponent.