Chapter 7

"This is so stupid" I groan, earning a slap on the shoulder from Becca.

"It is not" Caitlyn defends as she continues to powder my face.

"You need to impress Jamie!!!" Becca adds as she straightens another piece of my dark brown hair.

"I just feel like this is a little much" I scrunch my nose at all the powder Caitlyn is putting on my face.

"Where are you guys going again?" Caitlyn asks.

"Some restaurant downtown. He should be here any minute" I say, checking my phone to see it was exactly 7:00.

"Are you nervous?" Becca smiles excitedly at me.

I let out a sigh, looking at myself in the mirror.

"I'm trying not to be" I bite my lip, running a hand through my freshly straightened hair. The truth was that I was unbelievably nervous. After what Tyler said to me at lunch yesterday about all pro athletes being 'players', I couldn't help but think if that was true about Jamie.

"Good. You shouldn't be. You look amazing" Caitlyn admires her own work.

"And we don't think this dress is too much?" I ask as I look at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a tight maroon dress with a halter neckline. I was going to pair it with some low black heels I found in the back of my closet.

"No, it's perfect. Jamie's gonna die" Becca smiles, spraying perfume on me.

"You guys are the best" I lovingly look at my best friends, jumping when I hear my phone ping.

I grab it and see a text from Jamie letting me know he's out front.

"Oh my god, he's here!!" I squeal, quickly throwing my shoes on.

"Have fun!!!" Caitlyn and Becca yell as I scurry out of the room and through my dorm building.

"You look amazing" Jamie beams down at me. He was leaning against the car, waiting for me when I walked out of the building. I felt my cheeks flush at the compliment.

"Thank you" I smiled, and he opened the passenger door for me.

Once we were both in the car, he started driving down the road towards downtown.

"The restaurant we're going to is really nice. I had to pull a couple strings to get us a reservation so last minute" Jamie chats as we pull up to the beautiful restaurant.

"Strings?"

"I actually had to ask Tyler to call his buddy who works here" Jamie admits sheepishly, and I felt a twinge in my chest at the mention of Tyler's name. I tried to imagine Jamie talking to Tyler about our date, I wonder how Tyler acted.

"Ready?" Jamie asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah!" I say, getting out of the car.

He leads me into the restaurant and says something to the hostess, who then walks us to our table.

"Wow, it's fancy in here" I say, taking in my surroundings. The restaurant was beautiful, and I was extremely happy I decided to go with the dress instead of jeans.

"I know right" Jamie chuckles. "I usually don't come to places like this"

"Me either" I agree, smiling.

The waitress comes over and Jamie orders both of us wine.

"She didn't even ID me" I whisper across the table once the waitress leaves, and Jamie bursts out laughing.