31

The next two people in the arena were both disqualified because they both tried to use knives. I laughed a little at that, no way would I ever do that because that's a lot of money to lose over a knife.

My phone binged, I glanced down at it and opened the message I received.

Lilah: How is the fight going?

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair aggressively, why the hell was she trying to act like nothing had happened? I couldnt take it.

V: fine.

I'm not sure why but anytime I'm upset I put a period after the word or sentence, it makes it seem more mad?

"V! YOU'RE UP AGAINST ZELKY IN 5!"

I nodded and started to lightly warm up on the punching bags around. My phone gave off another bing and I looked down at it quickly. Another message from Lilah. I opened it quickly and shook my head, "What is she trying to do?" I asked myself.

She sent me a picture from one of the dressing rooms at whatever store she was in. It featured her in an oversized purple sweater tucked into a pair of short black shorts with knee high socks and white sneakers. I didn't know what to send in response so I texted Alex instead.

V: Hey uhm I need some advice...
8:05

Alex: ok what for?
8:06

V: Lilah keeps sending me pictures of her in different outfits that she might buy and I dont know how to reply
8:07

Alex: Well if you aren't ready to go back into your relationship assuming you're not, just ask if that's what shes buying for now and say that the outfit is good. That way you dont directly compliment her.
8:10

V: ok thankd
8:10

V: thanks***
8:10

Alex: no problem :)

I silently thanked Alex, jeez I dont know what I'd do without her she's been really supportive. I switched over to Lilah's message.

V: oh cool, is that one of the outfits you're going to buy?

V: the outfit is nice.

"V AND ZELKY YOU'RE UP!" The announcer shouted.

I set my phone down and rushed up the arena cracking my knuckles on the way up. I glanced at the a bouncer and then at Zelky. She had thick brown hair, a scar across her cheek and a black matching sports bra and shorts on. She glared at me with a small frown as if I had done something to her. I simply smirked in return.

As soon as the announcer yelled for us to fight we were going at it. She was good with her punches, so I tackled her to the ground. I didn't usually bring my jiu jitsu background into the ring but it was necessary at the moment.

She landed flat on her back, a hiss escaped her mouth, she began thrashing violently in an attempt to get me off. I quickly moved to straddle her, her eyes widened as I punched her in the face repeatedly. She began moving away, she managed to get out of my grip and kicked me in the gut.

"Shit." I said quietly.

She wiped her bloody nose off on her hand and prepared for blocking. I steadied myself and thought about how I could hit her.

She started towards me and managed to hook my in the jaw before I kicked her in the chest making her stumble backwards. As she tried to recover her balance I rushed her and landed a punch straight into her already bleeding nose. The crunch and her squeal was more than enough for me to know I broke it, with a small smile I kicked behind her knee. She fell into one knee and ankle picked me in return, I fell down but quickly recovered to my feet before she could.

I kicked her in the side eliciting a gruff grunt out of her, she rolled away and staggered to her feet. She was panting one hand gripping her nose the other held out in front of her, I was going to finish this quickly.

I edged my way over to her with my hands held in a fighting style that wasnt common in the ring, both of my hands were held out almost shoulder width apart. She came at me, I took my shot and used her momentum against her flipping her to the ground. 

She stopped moving, the announcer came over and checked her before raising my hand above my head. I trotted off of the arena and went back to my corner.

I picked up my phone, checking the message from Lilah.

Lilah: yeah, I might get it, it's really hard to find clothes that fit my figure tho :(

V: well that's because you dont eat anything I try to get you to.

Lilah: V you know very well of why I don't.

V: *veronica*

With that last text I closed my phone. Of course I knew why she didn't, but she was making things complicated. Why couldnt she just give me time to grieve to get my thoughts and emotions in order. I wasnt even sure I could love her again, she literally said I was the reason she didn't want to live anymore.

As far as I knew, she shouldn't even be allowed on her own right now but I was going to get this sorted out whether or not she gave me space.

A/N: Thank you so much for 1.16k. This was mostly a passion project so I'm really happy with how its turning out. Anyways I hope you're enjoying the story.