"Well, We have to do something because your birthday is coming up. I don't want us to be working all day and not celebrate babe. I want you to enjoy your birthday." She said fixing his clothes to her standard. He let her do whatever she wanted to do.

"I'm not worried about my birthday. I never really do anything for my birthday. My mom would  do stuff but she's not here anymore. I'll probably just watch the game and relax. Don't stress over it." He said walking out the kitchen.

"But I'm just saying, it's your birthday and you're important to me. I want to celebrate you. Even if it's nothing huge and extravagant, You deserve it. Birthdays are meant to be celebrated and I just think it's-"

"Look would you drop it? I don't want to do anything. It's not important to me. So forget about it." He Yelled cutting her off

She kind of shrunk back at his tone and demeanor. Images of Jaron flooded her head. She knew what this was leading to is she gave it up

"Look I gotta go before I'm late." He said grabbing his bag and jacket.

"I'll call you when I'm on my Lun-" She tried to get out before the door closed

"Lunch, I'll call you on my lunch." She said to the empty room.

Going to get her stuff and Majesty. She made her way out of the door too. No need to sit around sad by yourself.

She dropped Majesty off with her grandma and made her way to her job.
Checking all her files and Clocking in, she started her day, not necessarily a good note but it was just a day for her at the moment. Hopefully it didn't get any worse.

*5 hours later

"Hey, I'm an hour behind on lunch. You said I could take my lunch when you came back.There's nobody out there to cover me though." Taraji said to her boss

"Well if there's nobody to cover you then you can't take a lunch."

"Well you can find somebody to cover me, I haven't eaten or anything. Joan you clearly said I could go take my lunch when you came back from your appointment. I can't just sit here all day on an empty stomach." She argued

Her boss was a bitch when she actually was here. Most of the Time she was 6 floors above them getting her guts re-arranged by the VP, while her husband was 3 floors above them banging his secretary. So Taraji was mostly by herself unless they had appointments or visitors.

"Taraji look, Ashley didn't come in today so it's just you. You're still somewhat new around here but this is how things work. You've got to pull your own weight around here. Have somebody bring you lunch, go get something from the lounge. But whatever you do make it quick and be back in ten minutes." She said

She rolled her eyes and walked back to her desk. She would've called Terrence any other day because at this time he was usually doing patrol work or something. He was never really at the precinct. But they did have that incident earlier so she didn't know if he was still mad at her for Pressing the Birthday Issue so hard. It wasn't her intention to put salt in any wounds he might've had. She just thought any regular person would want to celebrate their birthday.

"Just call him. You never know unless you try." She spoke to herself

Dialing his number on her work phone, she waited until he Answered.

"Can I call you back babe? I'm in the middle of something." He said

"Oh yeah, I'll wait."

"Thanks, I'll call you when I'm done."

Before she could answer he had already ended the call.

Usually he would just keep her on the phone until he was done but today he hung up. Why did he hang up today?
That question racked her brain until he did call back.