― n i n e t e e n. Merry Christmas, Ya' Filthy Animal

Начните с самого начала

Dad and Archie both got me books. I got 'Lord of The Flies' from dad and a collection of Edgar Allan Poe short stories from Archie. My family must think that I am a big literature nerd or something.

"Thanks guys," I thanked, giving each of them a hug. "Did you guys know Edgar Allan Poe married his thirteen year old cousin?"

The room fell silent. Dad and Archie exchanged looks. Dad pulled his lip into a line and said, "Thanks Kenna for that really fun fact."

I got Archie extra strings for his guitar. It was a really simple gift but he understood anyways and was still grateful. I gave dad his signature cologne and he was grateful for his gift as well. I felt that I was cheating a little with that big breakfast this morning by counting it as another gift for dad. I feel like my gifts were lacking this year but dad and Archie really insisted on small gifts or no gifts at all. My true Christmas gift was to work harder to provide for my family.

I went back to my room to set down the books and also to get ready for Christmas at the Whyte Wyrm. I put on a black turtleneck sweater and a black skater skirt with translucent dark grey tights underneath and some black calf boots. I shoved all the presents into my bag and headed downstairs.

"Kenna," dad called out, "remember to give your mother a call before leaving."

I waited for my turn after Archie and had a talk with mum. I said the usual, wishing her a 'Merry Christmas' and how I have missed her and wished to see her again soon. After I was done, I passed the phone to dad and headed for the door.

I took my brown coat with the white fur collar off the coat hanger and put it on. I said goodbye to dad then opened the door. The sight of Veronica Lodge making out with my brother greeted me outside. They immediately stopped after I had interrupted them.

     Veronica tried to play it off. "Hello Kenny. Merry Christmas," she said to me.

     "Merry Christmas?" I said back hesitantly.

     "I- uh, sorry you had to see that," she laughed it off. My brother was grinning awkwardly too.

     "Right," I said, "Well imma get going, don't let me interrupt." I pushed past them. I thought they broke up?

     "Kenny, wait!" Veronica called out. I stopped and turned back and watched as she dug through her purse. She fished out a robin's-egg blue box with the words 'Tiffany & Co.' etched on the lid, and handed it to me, "Here."

     I took it into my hands and opened it. "A little Christmas gift for my boyfriend's little sister," she continued. Oh, they are back together now. Inside the box was a gold necklace with my name spelled out in cursive.

     "Wow," was the only thing that I could spill out as I stared at the gold necklace in disbelief. "This is too much, you shouldn't have," I added, "I didn't even get you anything."

     "Oh, don't worry, it didn't cost much," she flicked her wrist.

     I am holding at least 2k in my hands right now and Veronica Lodge just said it did not cost much. Must be nice to be rich and not financially unstable. It was a nice gift but all I could think of was if I would be an asshole to pawn it and use the money for my dad.