Margaery

LIMERENCE | VIII.
MARGAERY TYRELL
Highgarden | 295 a.c.

MARGAERY HAD ALWAYS thought she was brilliant

MARGAERY HAD ALWAYS thought she was brilliant. She knew how to hide her desires for the greater good of her overarching goal which was becoming queen. Which was why she felt like a complete idiot for kissing Elinor. She gave in to her desires and allowed herself to indulge in Elinor in a way she shouldn't have. No matter how quick the kiss, or how bad it was, it was still a kiss and it plagued Margaery's every thought.

What had surprised Margaery was the fact that Elinor had kissed her back. Why had Elinor kissed her back? That was another thing that plagued Margaery's thoughts. She also felt an abundant amount of overwhelming guilt. She had kissed Elinor to set her mind at ease, but she also kissed her because she wanted to. If Margaery wanted anyone to be her first, she didn't want some unskilled boy that wanted to see what was under her dress, she wanted Elinor.

"Good morning sister," Loras said as he entered the Dining Hall, "It's a lovely day, isn't it?"

"I suppose," Margaery answered, her eyes narrowing at Loras, "Why are you so happy?"

"Let's just say I had a marvelous night," Loras said grabbing a grape from one of the bowls on the table and tossing it into his mouth, "And I believe you enjoyed your night as well."

Margaery raised an eyebrow, "Pardon?"

Loras lets out a laugh, "You and Elinor in the gardens."

Margaery kept her face leveled, unsure if Loras was baiting her, "What were you doing in the gardens?"

"The better question is what were you doing in the gardens? Oh wait, I know, you were kissing our brother's betrothed," Loras deadpanned. Margaery glanced around the room, despite knowing that it was empty.

"Keep your voice down," Margaery said through gritted teeth.

"She is marrying Willas in three days," Loras said.

"I'm aware," Margaery said, her voice low, "The kiss didn't mean anything okay? Elinor was worried about kissing Willas, so I kissed her."

"You never do anything without having an ulterior motive," Loras pointed out as he grabbed another grape, "Renly and I were trying to figure out what that motive was and we narrowed it down to two thing-"

"You told Renly?" Margaery asked Loras, growing angry.

"No, Renly saw it with his own two eyes," Loras said before going back to his previous point, "So, Renly and I think that you either are infatuated with Elinor or you're trying to sabotage her. Which is it?"

"Neither," Margaery answered, "I was trying to set a friend at ease."

"That was almost believable, but you forget that I know you Margaery," Loras says, his tone softening.