"Damn," A voice hisses, clearly displeased as Jungkook tightens his grip on me even further.

"I didn't expect you to have company."

A cold chill races up my spine as I see the vivid yellow eyes, the figure of the vampire I'd never wanted to see. I immediately back into Jungkook's warm chest, trying to increase the distance between even an inch apart.

Even though we're facing a rogue vampire who possibly could mess us up really bad, my gaze shifts around the house.

I can tell Jungkook's thinking the same way as I am with the worry in his stare, the tension in his body.

If Jin came back to this house and found out there was nothing left, it'd be worse than facing a thousand of these vampires.

"Elle."

My eyes flicker up to him, but he continues to lock his gaze on the snarling vampire as he speaks softly.

"Stay here."

It all happens so fast that I'm struck numb with shock as Jungkook lunges, the air already set to vibration as he transports himself and the vampire to another place.

I'm alone.

The moment the clock ticks five times, I break out of my trance and instantly turn and rush towards the large window. He couldn't have gone very far away— he'd only ever traveled short distances.

When I quickly poke my head over the edge, a soft curse escapes my lips. It was much too dark to see anything— not even in the flickering streetlights.

I have no other choice.

My heart races with excitement as I throw open the front door, adrenaline pumping through my veins. A small voice in the back of my mind reminds me of Jungkook's words, but I simply refused to just pace around and panic while he was forced to fight for our lives.

I don't even notice the freeze in the air as I fall silent, listening for sounds of fighting. Blood is roaring in my ears and my heart is pumping way too fast to be considered normal, but I manage to catch a hiss to my right when I focus.

Then a low growl follows right after, confirming my suspicions.

As I approach the noise, I make sure to keep my feet as silent as they would go. Even though they probably heard me crashing through the front door with their enhanced senses, it wouldn't hurt to be cautious.

My eyes squint.

Darkness nearly conceals the two figures, and I only recognize them with their burning vampiric colors. I bite my lip when I see a heavy aura of silver rising from Jungkook's silhouette, like smoke— wisps of moonlight.

He looks angry.

The yellow eyed vampire spits blood into the ground as he glowers darkly. He doesn't look pleased— and he already has a red rivulet trickling down the side of his head.

"Now that's not fair," He says, eyes flickering anxiously at Jungkook's aura. "I didn't realize you had this strong of a Gift."

"I told you to stay away."

A shiver chills my spine when I hear literal ice and poison come out of the maknae's thin lips. There was a lasting hiss to his words— like the remaining vibration after a note was played on the instrument.

It somehow makes him sound a hundred times more dangerous than he already seems.

"It is your fault you did not listen."

Then in the breath of a second, Jungkook has him pinned down to the ground, pale fingers wrapped against his neck. The murder is definite in his posture— the look in his eyes.

There was no stopping him this time.

"Wait!"

The vampire pleads, his last resort. His eyes flicker wildly as he desperately scrabbles at Jungkook's impenetrable grip.

Had he finally realized he can't win?

Then a smug smile twists his lips, and my eyes narrow as he motions towards the direction of our house.

"You— your pack," He rasps, smile only getting wider when he sees Jungkook tense with the mention of the others.

"They are captives now."

Horror blinds my vision as my legs nearly give out underneath my body. A tremble goes through Jungkook as he tightens his grip, eyes feral— vicious with disbelief.

"You are lying."

"Did you really think that I came here without an advantage?" The vampire chokes out, triumphant in his victory. "You are younger and more powerful— but I am wiser. They've been taken."

The arena.

Vampire Arena.

"And you'll only know how to get there if you let me go."

He's made a mistake.

The vampire has made a vital mistake on his part.

Jungkook's eyes harden as he snarls violently, watching the vampire's eyes widen with winter and ice as they begin to widen in terror.

"I don't need you."

Then a loud snap echoes throughout the silence of the night.