One step ahead, One step back.

Space Station Unity Dawn

Max POV

After I woke up from my slumber, I first instinct was to get coffee from the cafeteria. However, my mood turns sour when I open the door and face reality that there was no coffee. I knew some sacrifice must be made so I with my head held high and a single tear down my cheek, I went and double check the solar panels. I wish the metal didn't rust so much, but I'm kind of glad that it's working. After checking all the panels, I look at the clock and Three hours have passed. Time really do fly by. With a million things I need to do and only god know how long we have, I went to the launch bay. This is my first time coming here yet I hope that something was different, there was still rust all over the room and some of the support pillars gave up. The ships we had have seen better days. Some of the wiring is exposed, Parts of the ship have clearly fall off the body, and I don't even want to look at the interior. As I continue my search for a space suit, I saw Mia sleeping in escape pod. She made a makeshift hammock and blanket. I kind of wish that I took more time to make my bed, but I still continue looking of what I need.

As I look around, all I see is junk, junk, and more junk. The junk I keep finding are damage beyond repair and using them might make things worse, so I just brush them to the side and keep walking. After I reach the locker room, some of the lockers are open and have nothing in them. There were a few that were shup and had rusted locks on them, but I refrain from take a look. I finally came across the change room and to my surprise, there was a suit. It was a bit too small, but beggars can't be chooser. I brought the suit to my workstation and began to inspect any damage. There were some small cuts on the suit and the helm needs a bit of welding, but I'm surprise that it still works. I grab my welding tools and some tools that Mia got me, and I began to work on it.

.................................................................................................

Nova POV

Finally, after some time I completed translating the book that Mia have given me. In the beginning, I was having a bit of complication on deciphering their letters. However, soon they became quite clear to me almost as if I could almost read them on my own. I manage to upload the information to the computer for it to be sent to Max to see if he could create a visor of some sort to automatically translate the letters for us. Luckily for me, the pain on the back of my head have begun to subside from the punch Mia have given me. For someone so small could be able to deal much damage is absolutely astonishing. I do not hold grudges for it is not in my nature, yet I should apologize to them for stepping out of line. I do not want to disturb their sleep, so I grab a seat on a chair and pulled out my data pad and switch the feeds on the surveillance drones I have at the ground level. I have a few scouting around the city, one 'free roaming', and 2 at least following the group the attack Mia during her first trip. The drones are able to bend light around itself to make it invisible and they almost produce no sound. Still, I find it hard to believe that the yellow one in the group could sense the drones. At first, I assume it was just coincident. However, he notices it again. I assume the drones were broken so I had them face each other and to my surprise they did not show up on the feeds. Following that event, I had increased the distance the drones should maintained and continue to take notes of them. Right before I write the information onto my data pad, the entire facility has gone into emergency lock down with red lights going off and an automatic speaker giving us direction.

"Please remain calm, all engineers please report to Airlock 3. Ple- "

The message just kept repeating itself. I assume something went wrong so I rushed over to airlock 3 to see what the problem is.

.......................................................................................

Max POV