-(43)-

For those of you who already saw the first part due to my headassery. Pretend you didn't. 😂😭

Enjoy!!

________________________________

"Brandon...hi," Leilani says awkwardly.

Brandon stares at her for a second, lips parted in shock. "Hey."

"My mom should be down any minute, I'm gonna go finish up, okay?" Aubrey tells Brandon and he nods, still looking at Leilani.

Aubrey jogs up the stairs and Leilani is quick to follow her. Once they reach Aubrey's room, Leilani closes the door behind them, quickly grabbing her arm.
"Why didn't you tell me he was coming over for dinner?" She asks in a hushed tone, eyes widened.

"I-I thought...you knew?" Aubrey tilts her head in confusion.

"What? How could I have possibly known? I don't read minds," Leilani snaps.

"Yeah, but I figured Brandon told you. You guys tell each other everything, right?" She furrows, taken back by Leilani's sudden change in mood.

"Aubrey...I literally haven't been able to talk to anyone in the past week. You know that."

"Okay, well my bad. What's the big deal? it's just Brandon."

"He-" Leilani stops herself and takes a deep breath. "Nevermind...nevermind just- excuse me," She turns to leave the room but Aubrey stops her.

"Wait, no- what's wrong? I'm sorry, I just- I don't understand why you're so upset," She stands in front of Leilani and grabs the both of her hands so she has no choice but to talk to her.

"I'm not...upset. I just- wish you would've told me, that's all," Leilani looks away, voice passive.

"I'm sorry, you're right. I should've told you but honest to God, I thought you already knew," Aubrey defends herself.

"Okay, it's fine. Whatever," Leilani pulls her hands from Aubrey's grasp and heads for the door once again.

"Is there a reason you don't...want him here?" Aubrey asks, and Leilani stops in her tracks.

She takes her hand off the doorknob but doesn't turn around.

"I-I never asked but, you're okay with us dating right, like its not weird for you anything....right?" Aubrey waits anxiously for Leilani's response.

Leilani turns around and leans against the door, eyes trained on the ground. "To be honest," she looks up, "it does bother me. Like...its weird for me, I mean," she sighs.

Aubrey's lips part and she blinks a few times, not knowing what to say, "Oh..." she makes her way over to Leilani. "Lani I'm so sorry, I...I didn't know-"

"No, it's not your fault, I should've said something before-" Leilani shakes her head.

"I should've asked." Aubrey cuts in. "This is on me. Look, I'll break up with him if you want," she offers, eyes searching Leilani's face for an answer.

Leilani bites her lips and shakes her head almost as if to stop herself from answering.

This is her moment, her chance to finally have what she's been wanting for so long, yet somehow she can't seem to make the choice. She wants it to be right, but it feels so wrong. Everything about it feels unsound, erroneous, despicable, and rotten. How could she be so selfish? To choose herself over two people she claims to care so much about.

Just an hour ago she was given a speech about how great of a person she is, how great of a friend she is but what kind of friend would she be if she took them away from each other for her own self-serving purpose?