1

Hey, loves. I graduated from college! While at college I didn't have much time to work on my Wattpad stories. But I did take a writing workshop during my last semester. Night of the Yeti was my final project for that class, so I thought I would share it with you since I have not gotten to post anything in a long time. Because it is a short story, it's only a few parts and completed. As of now, the end is the end. I hope you enjoy it!

And if you're wondering about Expiration Date and the SYFY TV show, I hope to have some big news to share with you soon! As well as pics!

"A common misconception about sasquatches is that they are nothing like werewolves. But sasquatches are man turned beast just as much as werewolves. Whereas werewolves take the full moon, the sasquatches claim the new moon."

~The Travelers Guide to Yeti

Leila Foody

I purse my lips, pressing my hands against the clear walls of the cell. On the other side, Marcus, crouched on the balls of his feet, inches toward the sasquatch's food bowl. The beast is tucked in the corner, in a similar crouch as Marcus, only with its teeth bared. I inch my hand toward my gun. I told him we should have sedated it.

His response was that he doesn't sedate me on the nights he makes me dinner. Why should the yeti be sedated?

Marcus curls his fingers around the edges of the shiny bowl. In his other hand he holds a slab of beef.

I'm going to talk to Meria about automating the feeding process. Seeing my boyfriend in a cell with a sasquatch that's awake and feeling threatened is enough to make me consider shipping him off somewhere away from any supernatural creatures. So maybe the moon.

Marcus tugs the bowl toward himself. The yeti growls. Marcus hesitates for only a few seconds before plopping the beef into the bowl. The meat squelches as it sinks into the dish.

He grabs a jug of water behind him and pours it into a second bowl.

My hand rests on my gun, ready to pull it out the moment the yeti moves.

But it never does. Marcus backs out of the room, and as he turns to the screen in the wall to lock the door, his eyes land on my hand hovering over my gun.

"No need to jump the gun, Leila." He taps in the code.

I snort, not because I found the joke itself funny but rather the attempt.

Marcus picks up his tablet from where it laid against the wall, and I follow him to the next cell, letting my hand drift from my gun and back to my side.

"I think I found that spell."

His finger hovers over his tablet, and he looks at me. A few beads of sweat have gathered on his forehead just under his dark hair. "You're not a witch."

"I can still cast a spell."

"It's not the same." He presses his finger onto the screen. Information on the werewolf whose cell we're coming up to pops up. "A witch understands what she's doing. You don't have the background knowledge. And it's easier to spell cast when you actually have power to begin with. I can find you a witch."

I roll my eyes just as we come to a stop in front of the werewolf cell, where the beast is curled up in the corner asleep. He's been here for two weeks now and has refused to shift to his human form.

I drum my fingers against my thigh. "Let's hire an evil witch to keep the other evil witches and monsters locked up."

Our cells can only keep the creatures contained for so long before they break out, either by supernatural force or magic. For months I've been hunting down a spell to fortify the cells. Something to keep the monsters locked up for good.