"I'm not going to win this am I?"

"No." Dimitri and I said in unison. "You're not."

"Fine. I'll get it done." She turned to Dimitri, "this basically makes her your responsibility."

"She already is," he put his hands on my shoulders. "I'm her mentor as well, now. And I should have had her to protect from the time I was seven. You made me break my promise, the promise I made when she was born. You're giving her back to me."

"Ugh. Fine. Just take care of her. You know what she could face because of this."

"I do. I will."

She stormed off and I turned to my Dimka.

"Grab breakfast quickly and meet me in Alberta's office in fifteen."

"I think I know what you're doing."

"Albums and Alberta, yes. She needs to know just who we are."

"I'll see you in fifteen then." It was hard but split to grab food and rush off to Alberta's office.

"Rose. Come in." Alberta called me in.

"Alberta. Dimitri." I greeted as I shut and locked the door.

Ah, my man delivered the albums and diaries. The past, our past.

"Rose." Dimitri greeted. "You ready to do this?"

"It has to be done. Ready, or not." I sat in the chair next to his.

"You have a point. Here," he handed me the albums and I flicked through them. There were a number of adorable photos, a number of telltale ones too. I was sure the accompanying diary entries would, likely, reveal all.

"Okay. I'm ready."

He smiled his smile that took my breath away. And it didn't disappoint this time.

"You," I breathed, "you did that to me on purpose Dimitri Belikov!" I playfully chastised, slapping his bicep. We were blowing our barely-established cover sky-high. We'd be doing it anyway with the albums and diaries, but he'd decided to let Alberta see it still existed before she knew it existed.

"Are you sure?" He cocked an eyebrow and I glared at him.

"You know I've always hated it when you do that." I echoed last night and shifted my glare to the single raised brow.

"What?" He asked all too innocently after bringing the brow down.

"That single raised brow thing." I huffed.

"You're too-"

"Don't say cute or adorable Dimitri, I'm not two anymore." And there it was! That was the biggest clue and best lead-in we could give Alberta.

"What? What's going on you two?"

"Here," we said in unison and placed the albums and diaries on the desk. "These explain everything. We've barely gotten through album and diary one." My Dimka let me elaborate.

"Come here, my Roza." Oh, that did it. I melted and went to his waiting arms, and lap.

"Hmm." I sighed as he wrapped me in him. "Much better."

"Guys?"

"Take a look and read." I responded. "It's too hard for us to verbalise. And we don't know all of it yet."

"I've remembered most of it now, but Rose still has needs some time with the diaries and albums." He dared to peck me on the cheek and, as usual, my skin burned and tingled under his touch.

"You really don't know what you do to me, do you?"

"Speak for yourself Roza."

"Says the one who named me." I rolled my eyes and sighed while shaking my head, before pecking his cheek.

"Roza." He groaned.

"Payback's a bitch." I teased.

"That it is." He returned the playful banter. Then kissed my forehead.

"It's lucky I love you."

"I love you more." I knew what he was referring to.

"Damn you!" I playfully returned with a kiss to his forehead. "Y-" I got cut off by a kiss. On the lips. We hadn't gone there yet, still re-adjusting to being back together. I wasn't taken by surprise, not really. I didn't hesitate to return it. By god, I loved him even more now.

"Guys! Too far! I don't need to see that." Alberta interrupted us just as hands were about to start exploring. "Did you two seriously forget a world existed?"

"Yeah, maybe." I answered.

"'Maybe', Roza? You know we forgot the world existed."

"Do you always have to be right?"

"Speak for yourself."

"Really? Seriously you two. I don't need to see the foreplay."

"Sorry Alberta." We responded in unison, causing her to laugh.

She sighed. "I can't do anything about this. Rose, you need to be trained up, and Belikov, you're the only one who can do it. I can't, and won't, report this, simply because it dates too far back and only Belikov can train you up, Rose. Just keep this hidden. If it's possible with the chemistry I just saw."

"Yes. We can keep this hidden." I replied after looking into Dimitri's eyes.

We could do this, we could, and would keep this hidden. We were strong enough. We'd just gotten each other back and we'd fight to stay together. To protect each other.

With us, it was about feeling, about feeling and being. We'd do whatever it took, whatever was needed to not let this get out but, at the same time, avoid hurting each other in the process. If I needed a tough-love mentor that's what I'd get. If I needed my protector, that's what I'd get. I could hold off on getting my soul mate. And so could he.

"She's right. We can. We can keep this hidden. We will." Even if it meant avoiding each other for lengths of time.

"Good. Now, get to class, Rose."