Roza revealed

RPOV

Wow! I couldn't believe it. He was mine. He'd always been mine.

I was Russian and had been raised with Dimitri's family, until my marvellous mother had split us when I was four.

No wonder I felt abandoned, her lack of contact to even let me know she remembered I existed was one thing. But splitting me from the Belikov's, tearing me from Dimitri's arms, taking me out of my soul mate's reach and making me forget my protector, was another. This development was going to leave it's mark.

I get I needed protecting, hiding, but I also needed Dimitri. I was safe with him. With him I was happy, secure, and loved. I was no longer alone. I mean, sure, I had Liss but that was different. I was her protector, her family. Dimitri was mine, he was my other half, my protector, my security. I could go to him for anything and everything, even if it was simply time with him. It didn't matter.

I still hadn't gotten many memories back yet. But I instinctively knew he was my Dimka, the one who could calm me, the one who could read me, the one who truly made me happy and the one I could put all my trust in.

I loved him. I loved him so much it hurt. I would do anything for him, just as he'd do anything for me.

Waking up with him this, Moroi, morning had been amazing once I'd remembered Yeva's package. It was as if almost fourteen years had never passed. I had my Dimka and he had his Roza. We were back together, and complete.

This year was going to get mighty interesting sneaking around with him. It'd be happening all year, I was sure. We'd had our past revealed to us and we weren't going to hesitate to rebuild, reconnect and grow. We weren't going to let almost a decade and a half separation come between us.

"Rosemarie Hathaway!" I heard someone with a ridiculous Scottish accent call to me. That someone could only be my mother.

"Mother dearest." I stopped to let her five-foot-nothing frame catch up.

"Watch your tone."

"I know Mother. I know about them. I know who I really am. I know what you did to me. To him, to Dimitri, my Dimka. I get why but that doesn't stop me from hating it, from being hurt because of it. You tore me from Him. You hurt me, and you hurt him." I sighed. "I can forgive the 'why', I can't forgive the 'that', or the pain it caused. I've just gotten him back and I'm fighting to keep him."

She looked shocked, and angry. "Ro-"

"No Mother. You have no right to be angry. I do, you don't. I want my name back. I want my Russian name. I've got my protector back, give me back my name."

"Rose?" The honey and velvet, Russian accented voice that was my Dimka called.

"Dimitri." I sighed. "Guess who decided to make an appearance." I jerked my head sharply at my mother.

"Guardian Hathaway." He tersely greeted and nodded. He'd clearly read my emotional turmoil. And I suspected, after last night, her appearance was about as welcome to him as it was to me. It wasn't.

"Belikov." She nodded back.

"What's going on Rose? And don't say nothing, I can see you're hurting." My Dimka asked.

"I don't want her around. I want my name back. I can't forgive what she did, to you, to me, to us." That could so blow our cover.

"I agree, Rose. I agree." He turned to my so-called-mother. "Get her name changed back. She has me around and she's almost eighteen. I'm not leaving, I will protect her. Change it back."

"Bu-"

"For once Mother, just once, do something I'll actually thank you for. Please. Change it back."