A Slap

<Chapter 11>

I take a gasp of air and instantly sit up. I feel hot sweat sticking to my nightgown and stinging my eyes.

"It's okay," Grace reassures me.

This is when I burst into tears. Flowing down my hot cheeks in droplets on my bed. Grace pulls me into a tight hug. I miss my family so much. I don't like it here or the people. I want to go practise with Robb or cradle Rickon.

"There there," she pets.

After an hour and a half of fixing me up I am finally ready for my morning meal. Grace dresses me in a simple navy-blue gown and does my long curls into a braid.

"Pretty," compliments Grace.

"Thank you," I smile coyly.

I leave my chambers to Alexa's chambers. Everyone I pass asks if I am alright. I nod, bemused. I wonder how the little lion is going. I see Lady Dana pass my way. She doesn't ask how I am, just pulls me into a comforting hug.

"I know how it feels to be pulled away from your family," she whispers in my ear.

She squeezes my hand then leaves. I continue to the cub's chambers. In an instance I know something is wrong. There are no guards outside the door and there is shouting from Alexa's chambers. There is a crack through the door and I peak. In the room is Cersei and Alexa. They are both looking mad.

"Jaime is taking me to the market," informs Alexa in a voice to be reckoned with.

The little cub did know how to stand her ground.

"Unlike you, Jaime has responsibilities," Cersei sneers.

"Yes, his responsibilities are to take me to the market," Alexa retorts. "He promised because he is not busy."

"You are just a stupid little girl," Cersei hisses.

I feel like I should step in but something holds me back.

"I'm telling father," threatens the tiny seven year old.

"You will do no such thing," growls Cersei and lifts her hand and whacks Alexa across the face.

Alexa is thrown to the floor. It was a hard slap but the little cub doesn't cry. Her lip has split and half of her face is a dark red. She glares at Cersei then blacks-out. That's when the door creaks and Cersei sees me. I sprint down the hall to find my father. He can do something about this. Then I spot him with none other than Tywin Lannister.

"Father, Father," I call out.

He catches me when I run into him.

"Cersei and Alexa were fighting and Cersei slapped Alexa, hard," I breathe.

My father looked annoyed but Tywin looked furious.

"She is only seven," I say quietly.

"Get some guards into her chambers," orders my father to Tywin.

Tywin nods and walks off.

"Cersei saw me," I say worried.

He grabs my chin softly and makes me look into his eyes.

"Nobody will hurt while you are here," he says then walks off to the Throne Room.

I felt alone in the unfamiliar corridor.

"What are you doing standing there?" asks a boy with blonde hair and green eyes, a Lannister.

"None of your business," I retort.

"I could get you killed for saying that," he threatens.

"Do not threaten me," I warn. "My father is the King."

"So is mine," he sneers. "So you must be my sister."

"I must," I reply looking from his shoes to his smug little face.

"Rowenna right?" he says.

"Yes," I answer.

"Well I am Joffrey, oldest son of Robert of House Baratheon and first of his name," Joffrey states proudly.

He strolls up to me and observes.

"Well at least I don't have an ugly sister," he points out.

"How old are you?" I ask disgusted.

"Eleven," he smirks.

"Well I am twelve so I can tell you what to do," I smile victorious.

"No one tells me what to do," he snarls.

"Whatever you say little prince, whatever you say," I mutter walking away.

The whole court is in the Throne Room, except for Alexa. I saw her earlier. Half of her delicate face is bruised and swollen. My father is sitting on the Iron Throne looking down upon Cersei. She was looking down at her feet.

"Did you or did you not raise your hand to your seven year old sister!?" my father roared.

The whole court went up in murmurs.

"Yes my King," she says quietly.

"What did you say?" growled my father.

"I said yes!" Cersei shrieked.

The words echoed around the room. Tywin walked to his eldest daughter.

"Never raise your hand to my daughter again," he snarls.

"But I am your daughter," she cries.

"Not anymore," she says in disgust.

The court then disbands. I walk to Alexa's chambers. I lightly knock on the door.

"Come in," says a weak voice.

The guards let me through. Alexa is lying in bed, her fragile body curled up. A sack of ice was pressed up against her cheek. I sit down next to her.

"Thank you," she whispers.

"Anytime for you little cub," I smile and push a blonde curl from her eye.

"Why are you so nice to me," she asks.

"I don't know but you remind me of my cousins, Sansa and Arya," I answer simply.

She nods.

"You will be a good mother," she says.

I laugh.

"I do not plan on having any children for a long time.

"Why," she asks.

"Because I just want to have fun," I answer.

"You have come to the wrong place," she sighs.

I give her a half-smile and stand up.

"You must rest," I inform.

I plump her pillows and re-arrange her sheets so they are neat.

"Do you need anything else?" I ask.

She shakes her head. I walk out of her chambers to the gardens. I think about the conversation I had with Aunt Catelyn not only a moon ago. I wonder if my father will arrange a marriage and if he does, to whom.

_____________________________________________________________________

So sorry for the delay everyone. I had a big writer's block and I was addicted to write The Dornish Doe.

~Mischeif Managed and Winter is Coming~