A Clash of Cousins

-Authors Note-

This fanfiction is based off the TV show so everyone is older. However, this is set eight years before Season 1 of the show.

Rowenna Baratheon: 12

Robb Stark: 9

Jon Snow: 9

Theon Greyjoy: 9

Sansa Stark: 5

Arya Stark: 3

Bran Stark: 2

Rickon Stark: Newborn

Joffrey Baratheon: 8

Myrcella Baratheon: 7

Tommen Baratheon: 6 

Daenerys Targaryen: 11

~

The grass feels soft against my back as look up into the clouds. When I was younger, I always used to try and spot shapes or animal out of the fading swirls in the spinning sky.

"My lady?" says a voice that interrupts me back into reality.

I stand up and brush the dirt off the back of my skirt. It was a servant from back at the castle.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Lord Stark requires you back at Winterfell," He informs and takes his leave.

"Of course," I sigh, bitterly.

I take the reins of my horse, who was munching on some grass, and follow the servant back to Winterfell. Soon enough, the towered, cobblestone structure appeared into view. I deposited my horse once I reached the stables and put some hay in her feeder. As I brush my hands against my skirts, I notice a small child wearing a helmet; running around the courtyard with another child who must be barely a toddler.

"Haha, you're it," mocks the one adorning a helmet.

"Not fair," whines the toddler.

"So what?" the helmet one prances about.

The toddler points a chubby finger at the child. "You've got longer legs."

"Well, then grow," the child quips back. 

As the helmeted child gleefully runs around the frustrated toddler, they notice my presence.

"Rowenna!" squeals the one with the helmet as she embraces me.

I take off her helmet and ruffle her hair. "Good morning Arya."

"Come on Bran, let's go have something to drink," Arya calls as she runs off.

I place the helmet on the wooden-railing of the barn and continue down the courtyard. Further down, I spot two boys slightly younger than I playing with wooden swords. One knocks the other to the ground.

"You have to practise more, Jon," encourages the boy.

Jon mumbles something under his breath and picks himself up.

"Robb," I call out with a wave.

Robb diverts his attention to me and returns a broad smile. "Good day Rowenna, would you like to watch?"

"I cannot, Uncle wants to see me and do you know where he is?" I inquire.

"He is in his study, I think," he replies.

"Would you know why he wishes me?" I question.

"Not in the slightest," he responds.

~

Edited as of 2019.
I'm going through so I can fix some of the dreadful grammar and spelling mistakes. Also, I had to adjust a bunch of me just switching between past and present tense which is so embarrassing. I don't think I ever proof-read properly before I published. Hopefully, you all like the changes and (perhaps) the better quality of the moderated writing.