Ryan Hunter pov

Its 3 in the morning and the whole city is sleeping but i am wide awake.

I am still going through the last crime case that happened in the jungle and still haven't found a clue to solve it.
It seems the culprit is smart enough to come, commit the crime and then disappear as if he/she never existed.

This is the first ever case that had made me so much confused.

As a police officer and head of the branch, i have taken the responsibility to solve this case myself because all other police investigators had given up the hope.

After going for the last time on the file again, i decided to give it off for today.

Today is Sunday and i should head home now.

I came outside the office, took my car and went off to my house.

Usually i go to my flat in the city, located near the office on weekend.
But on weekends, i prefer going to my house which is away from this disturbing city.

I am Ryan Hunter, serving for police department right now. I am 25 and my friends says, its the right time to settle down.
I laugh at their suggestion saying, what rubbish, but in reality, i never found someone enough to spend my life with.
I dated some girls in my past life, but could never develop the feeling of love for them or whatever they call it.

Its only my parents who never pushes me to do anything forcefully, just wanting me to do things heartfully.

They are my foster parents, which i get to know when i was 10 yr old. They told me, that i was found in a basket lying in front of their door. At that time i was 2 months old. It was hard for me to digest, but they gave me so much love and support, so that i never feel lonely.
They live in another city with their own son. They also wanted me to live with them but i couldn't.

I visit them every month, as i am busy with my work but they never fail to shower me with their love.
Their son Max is my brother who is still in college and have short temperament.
Thats why he always picks up fight in college and i have to save him and sometimes lecture him.

"You are not on the right track Max."
I said him angrily.

"Yeah ofcourse ! says who ? the foster kid."
He replies with frustration.

That always had a effect, which strickes straight at my heart making me realize that Max does not want me here.

This is also one of the reason i dont stay at dad's home. I want Max to realize that mom and dad love him and... So do i.

I have reached my house which is located in the middle of the jungle.
Its away from any noice and disturbance giving me time to think about cases, life and..... Myself.

I came out of the car and locked it and went towards the door.

I opened the lock and just when i was about to enter the house, i heard a dog barking from the backside.
And just after that a crashing sound.

Must be Rony my dog.
He stays in the jungle but come here whenever i am home.

He must have sense my presence... but before i could call him, he suddenly stopped barking.

"Rony is that you ?" i called him.

But no sound came. I decided to check myself and went backside.

I was in the middle of reaching there when i heard again a crashing sound.

I froze thinking that there might be some intruder also.

"Rony......" i said again and hurried towards the backside.

But when i reached there, there was no one except the dog and two flower pots crashed.

I went towards the dog but stepped on the pot pieces but heard....
"Ouch ! " i turned around but no one was there.

I think i am imagining things. Must be the exhaustion.

"Rony ...... so here you are." i said to the dog at last.

But there was no reply.

"Rony... Why are you not licking me like always. Not happy to see me ?" i tried again but the dog stood motionless.

"Rony...." i started but got interrupted with a loud thud coming from..... inside my house ??

"Who's there ?" i said from outside....bringing out my revolver ready to arrest the intruder.

There was ofcourse no reply so i entered into the house from the backside window.

Just as i jumped inside, i saw a body lying on the floor......but that body belongs to a female....because her hair were all over her face.

She was unconscious i guess because of the blood oozing out from her head.

I quickly put my revolver inside and bent down to check on her.

I pulled her head towards my lap and brushed of her hair and what i saw.... just made me freeze my movement.

This was the.... most beautiful girl i have ever seen in my life.

Something stirred inside my heart making me hold her more delicately and taking care of her and forgetting that she was the intruder.